Scheduled rsync launching while another rsync still running?

• I have an rsync job set up to sync my seedbox downloads to a local shared folder in OMV. It's set to run every hour.

If a very large torrent happens to show up on the seedbox and rsync is still downloading it when the next scheduled rsync is about to start, what happens? Will the new job notice it and exit gracefully without doing anything (until the next hourly trigger)?

• I ended up answering my own question with an experiment - changing the rsync schedule to every minute and observing the system logs.

It turns out that yes, if one rsync instance is still running, further instances will quit and not interfere until the running instance is done.

Thought it would be useful to know.

• I had the same question because I'm seeing two times rsync with different PID in my process list, but the first job isn't finished.

But according to the rsync logs only one of the rsync process seems to be working. (see only one PID)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!