I would like to access my OMV Samba from Windows 10. After setting all things up, the result is that I have to supply the linux user and password to access the Samba Server at all.
What I have done:
- Created a linux user account usersmb with the same password the windows account has.
- Samba Config: Workgroup the same as windows client is in. Added extended global configuration username map = /etc/samba/username.map
- Created a share with the necessary Privileges and ACL
The username.map includes following mappings:
- usersmb = firstname.lastname@example.org
- usersmb = MicrosoftAccount\user
- usersmb = MicrosoftAccount\User
- usersmb = user
- usersmb = User
- usersmb = MicrosoftAccount\email@example.com
As you can see my windows user is a Live account created with a unique email adress.
Any suggestions where I can look for further inspection? Things I am missing?
Which user does Windows pass to my samba?