OMV-extras not showing up in UI

• Hi all,

After installing OMV for the first time I wanted to add some plugins using OMV-extras.

I tried installing through both the wget-url and through uploading it in the UI. I don't get any errors but I can't find any of the OMV-Extra items.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

DId you try ctrl-shift-R? or clear your browser cache? If yes, then what is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I know this post is a little old but I'm running into the same issue. The output for me is:

ii openmediavault 5.6.4-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

I cleared my browser cache and rebooted the server.

• I know this post is a little old but I'm running into the same issue. The output for me is:

ii openmediavault 5.6.4-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

I cleared my browser cache and rebooted the server.

Did you install OMV-extras?

Install OMV-extras from command line as root:

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Frepke ()

• Download omv-extras from select your version click here:
    • OMV web-gui, then upload tab, then upload omv-extras
    • Plugins tab - scroll to the bottom and see omv-extras
    • Install omv-extras plugin.

OMV-Extras.org Plugin - Guides - openmediavault
      Select your download version from here

There use to be a link for this on the omv-wiki"guide" page but it seems to be gone now. I only see scripts and things now but use the forum link above it has the extras versions there.

Anyhow hope this helps.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

There use to be a link for this on the omv-wiki"guide" page but it seems to be gone now. I only see scripts and things now but use the forum link above it has the extras versions there.

While installing using the script is the preferred method, I'm not sure what you aren't seeing. The wiki front page has the link to the forum guide and the script command.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for all the help! I initially used the command line interface via ssh to install backports but then I tried the roundabout, download-upload-install via webgui and it works now.

(Gotta make sure I post that it's successful and what I did. :P )

• While installing using the script is the preferred method, I'm not sure what you aren't seeing. The wiki front page has the link to the forum guide and the script command.

You may have misunderstood this text.

Yes they can also use the script to download it as well but if they were looking for it based on the video tutorial and video instructions they won't find it as directed in the video tutorial because it's not there. I referenced the forum page because that is a representation of those download links in the video tutorials. Not that the script can't be used but only to clarify for those looking for those links per the tutorial with instructions to download, upload with UI and install per the video tutorials provided by OMV. Not to suggest that there is no script link anywhere but only to acknowledge that the download links are not longer present as shown in the tutorials etc.

I hope this helps to clarify this subject further.
    Thanks for the response.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ou may have misunderstood this text.

Yes they can also use the script to download it as well but if they were looking for it based on the video tutorial and video instructions they won't find it as directed in the video tutorial because it's not there. I referenced the forum page because that is a representation of those download links in the video tutorials. Not that the script can't be used but only to clarify for those looking for those links per the tutorial with instructions to download, upload with UI and install per the video tutorials provided by OMV. Not to suggest that there is no script link anywhere but only to acknowledge that the download links are not longer present as shown in the tutorials etc.

I hope this helps to clarify this subject further.
    Thanks for the response.

I haven't had the links to download individual packages on the omv-extras home page in a long time. I can't control what is in videos I didn't make. The fact they are gone (because people pick the wrong version) should partially reinforce that using the script is preferred regardless of what the videos tell you. Not sure what I need to fix here. In the end, it is just installing a package and many things will work but the info that is on https://wiki.omv-extras.org should be your source of truth not a video that can become outdated.

• I haven't had the links to download individual packages on the omv-extras home page in a long time. I can't control what is in videos I didn't make. The fact they are gone (because people pick the wrong version) should partially reinforce that using the script is preferred regardless of what the videos tell you. Not sure what I need to fix here. In the end, it is just installing a package and many things will work but the info that is on https://wiki.omv-extras.org should be your source of truth not a video that can become outdated.

Links were recently there as of early last month. I'm new to OMV and recently installed them from the location indicated in the video tutorial. However, the instruction to install them was also not valid anymore but they were there recently.

It doesn't matter why,who or how the videos are there but the fact is they are specific to installing OMV-extras, docker etc and they are still there. Practically a waste of time for anyone to watch that video without those new links,notes and that docker,portainer setup is different now.
    AND a *NOTE regarding the script method is certainty applicable as well.

Probably should just take that particular video down or at least make a note below it for the changes and/or script method.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably should just take that particular video down or at least make a note below it for the changes and/or script method.

I don't own them. And the fact that you got to the omv-extras page means you have a chance to follow the official docs without worrying about the video being wrong.

• I'm not sure what your going on about. I've already clarified this for you.
    New User Guide — openmediavault 5.x.y documentation

The official documentation shows an installation instruction along with other official video tutorials.

You wrote:
    "I'm not sure what you aren't seeing. The wiki front page has the link to the forum guide and the script command."

Why are you asking if I can't see an install script command when the subject isn't even about an install script command?

Do you not acknowledge that the guide links and official documentation are not valid ?

Your post is like saying just go with TrueNas that works too.
    That is not actually related to my posted comments / information.

I wasn't asking a question but providing information to those who may actually read the official documentation. No response was necessary especially a non related one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wow.... I was trying to figure out what was gone to see if I could rectify that on things I own. My bad. I will stop causing problems since I am of no help.

One note... we were talking about different "official" docs. wiki.omv-extras.org is the page with official omv-extras docs. I didn't know what was on the official openmediavault docs because I don't look at them.

• No problem at all. Your post was helpful to the OP and really directly related to the OP. I get that but just not related to my commented post.

If only text posts could be as simple as talking in person LOL. We would have ironed this out in 2 seconds.

:)

• If you want to use omv-extra you found big mistakes and error... So i leave OMV i don't have time and fight every day... Here some admin or moderator can say just reinstall your system because there is no any cloue what is the problem... So thank you that's it. Yesterday i give the last chance to OMV 6.5 but when install the OMV-extra you don't have docker and if you install and after uninstall a plugin its gone forever... :D You can find only the installed plugins... Crazy!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

when install the OMV-extra you don't have docker and if you install and after uninstall a plugin its gone forever

If you spent 2.5 mins watching the video from the first post of this thread, you would be able to fix it in no time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And why disappear the installed and uninstalled plugins from the directory?

What has disappeared on your server? I think we need Scully and Mulder.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just had a very interesting conversation with Scully about your server. It appears you have an invasion of gnomes from dimension 6577 running around inside. You run the risk of them going outside, but don't worry, you just have to follow this procedure:

- Make a hat like this:

- Place on the head and stare at the server for a period of two hours.

- During these two hours, every five minutes you must pronounce these words: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut Aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

- When you have finished take a look inside the server, if you see any movement repeat the process.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!