SD card corrupted, HDD used on NAS does not show up on PC.

• My SD card on my raspberry Pi4 got corrupted I guess. (Will not go passed "i2c /dev entries driver" when booting)

I couldn't find anyone to help with that, so I'm going to attempt to rebuild everything from scratch.

But I cannot get anything off of my external HDD that I've used for OpenMediaVault on my PC, because it doesn't popup in the file explorer.

• You don't say what filesystem you used for your external HDD that you used for OpenMediaVault. And you don't say anything about your PC and what filesystems it supports.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You don't say what filesystem you used for your external HDD that you used for OpenMediaVault.

I probably ended up using what ever was default on OpenMediaVault

And you don't say anything about your PC and what filesystems it supports.

I am using Windows, not exactly sure of all the formats that windows supports.

• If you used the default filesystem for your external HDD in OMV it was probably formatted for the ext4 filesystem which is not supported by Windows in its default configuration.

You should be able to add at least read only ext4 support to Windows with an appropriate driver. Research that.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to be sure: rebuilding the system means rebuilding the SD card. This has no effect on the HDD, You can use the existing drive in the current state also in the rebuild system.

If you need your data before the rebuild you can either install additional software on Windows which enables to read ext4 on Windows as gderf suggested, or you boot into a live Linux distro like LinuxMint and copy the data from the drive to your Windows drive,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!