New User Help, Optimal ZFS Setup

• I'm new to OMV, coming from a synology NAS. I'm starting with a completely fresh OMV system and after some reading, I believe a good setup for my storage is via ZFS, but I'm not famliar with OMV or ZFS and wondered if anyone could suggest the optimal setup.

I have 4 disks that I plan to use for storage that I hoped to split into two parts:

2x8TB disks for media for pool 1

2x2TB disks for general space for backup purposes for pool 2

I also have an old 120GB SSD that may be used for 'cache' in either of these pools

My goal is to set this up so that in the event one of the disks dies in either pool, I can replace it with the same size (or larger) without compromising data. Is Mirror or RAIDZ1 the best to use for this configuration?

Finally, is the 120GB SSD any benefit as a 'cache' disk for my purposes? I've read that loss of the CACHE disk means loss of the pool, and I certainly don't want that. But I'm not sure I fully understand differences between CACHE and L2ARC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!