Unable to access Samba file server using wireguard

• I'm trying to create a small file server for myself and few friends. I have successfully installed OMV5 and confirgured Samba. Everything is working as should, but only on local network. I can't get my head around how to make it accessible on the Internet.

I have a router from ISP with addresses in range 192.168.0.0/24 and behind it I used additional router with 10.186.1.0/24 to assign static IP to the server and do port forwarding because I have dynamic public IP.

I'm not good at networking, but from what I have read to make my server accessible from outside I need DuckDNS, swag and wireguard dockers. I have installed all of them using the following configuration, but I still can't connect and I don't understand why. Ports have been already forwarded.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• If the WAN IP address your ISP is supplying to you is in the range 192.168.0.0/24, then it is a private IP address and non-routable over the internet.

Are you sure about that IP address assignment?

What address is shown when you visit this URL:

http://checkip.dyndns.org/

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Apologies if I confused you. English is not my native language.

I have public dynamic IP (7x.xx.xx.xxx) from my ISP. On the same router from ISP I have a local network with addresses in the range 192.168.0.0/24. This router is connected to another router with addresses in the range 10.186.1.0/24 where the server is plugged in.

Internet ----- router1 (192.168.0.0) ----- router2 (10.186.1.0) ----- server

• You are in a double NAT configuration which is not ideal. Why are you chaining two routers together like that? Wireguard might not like that.

Have you forwarded all the required ports on both routers?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Router2 is the only one I have full access to. I thought it's the only option to do port forwarding which as far as I'm concerned is necessary. I can't login into router1, just plug an ethernet cable. It works in DHCP mode, so my server would also have dynamic IP in my local network.

I have only forwarded ports on router2 because I can't log in to router1.

Yesterday I came across information about docker called traefik. Maybe this would be a viable solution to my problem? The more I read the more confused I'm.

Internet ----- router1 (192.168.0.0) ----- server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!