OMV Install not working

• So I'm trying to install OMV to a RPI4 when I try to install OMV using this script

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

found here https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript

it works until it needs to reboot then it gets stuck at Starting Wait for Network to be Configured

<br>

and since (i think) it's a network issue there's an option to install OMV without network setup when I try that, it works but when I try to sign in I get

Code
    Failed to lock file (filename=/usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels/conf.service.ftp.json, mode=2).

here's the more details on that

Code
    Error #0: OMV\Exception: Failed to lock file (filename=/usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels/conf.service.ftp.json, mode=2). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:83 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc(61): OMV\Json\File->open('r') #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(39): OMV\DataModel\Manager->load() #2 {main}

the RPI I'm installing it on is NetworkBooting I thought this was important because when I put in an sd card and use that same script it works, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think that script is not intended for an rpi. Try this guide.

Update: Sorry, my mistake.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Agricola ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think that script is not intended for an rpi.

Sure it is. It even has RPi specific code in it.

the RPI I'm installing it on is NetworkBooting I thought this was important because when I put in an sd card and use that same script it works, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Network booting isn't supported by the script or probably OMV itself (I haven't tried).

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV can act as a TFTP server, therefore I'd believe this contradicts OMV's intended purpose

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!