ZFS Pool disappears after each restart / verschwindet nach jedem Neustart

• English

Hello,

I have the problem that after every reboot my ZFS pool disappears. That means all share folders are no longer accessible. Neither via SMB nor via FTP. With "Import Pool" it is immediately back and everything works fine.

If I hibernate the server and then restart it, the pool does not disappear.

I have already tried everything I could find here on the forum and elsewhere, but to no avail.

Another problem is that I have almost 6TB of data stored in the pool and have no way to store the data somewhere else between. Since there is also important data among them, the whole thing is a bit tricky.

If anyone knows the problem and would like to help me, what other info is needed on HW or SW?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read my problem.

Deutsch

Hallo,

Ich habe das Problem, dass nach jedem Neustart mein ZFS Pool verschwindet. Das heißt, alle Freigabeordner sind nicht mehr erreichbar. Weder über SMB noch über FTP. Mit "Import Pool" ist er sofort wieder da und alles funktioniert problemlos.

Wenn ich den Server in Ruhezustand versetzen und dann wieder starte, verschwindet der Pool nicht.

Ich habe bereits alles versucht, was ich hier im Forum und sonst finden konnte, aber ohne Erfolg.

Ein weiteres Problem ist, dass ich knapp 6TB Daten in dem Pool gespeichert habe und keine Möglichkeit habe die Daten wo anders zwischen zu speichern. Da auch wichtige Daten darunter sind, ist das ganze etwas heikel.

Wenn jemand das Problem kennt und mir helfen möchte, was für weitere Infos werden gebraucht zu HW oder SW?

Schon mal vielen Dank im voraus an jeden der sich die Zeit nimmt mein Problem zu lesen.

• Mantamoros

Hat den Titel des Themas von „ZFS Pool verschwindet nach jedem Neustart“ zu „ZFS Pool disappears after each restart / verschwindet nach jedem Neustart“ geändert.
  • Probably too late for you but may be useful for others. I just had to deal with that issue of the pool not staying after reboot and it seems the solution is to re-export and reimport the zfs pool.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Mantamoros Did the above work for you?

Another problem is that I have almost 6TB of data stored in the pool and have no way to store the data somewhere else between.

You should think about taking care of this immediately.

It's as easy as a +8TB external drive and a scheduled task: rsync -av --delete /ZFS1/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DATA1/

(Substitute in your drive mount points.)

Or, with the same external drive and an SBC, create a backup server.

• Probably too late for you but may be useful for others. I just had to deal with that issue of the pool not staying after reboot and it seems the solution is to re-export and reimport the zfs pool.

I have the same problem here. Did you do that on the console with -f, because mine refuses to export on the omv gui and in the console I get an "unable to mount". Already stopped my docker and samba and can't think of anything else hugging the drives.

• also the strange thing here is, that I do not get this on EVERY reboot, but only on some (for instance the latest updates I applied with the kernel and docker stuff this week). The first time you can imagine that was pretty scary, but now I am kinda used to with just importing zfs pool, reboot again in order to get it working. Still would be nice to get this fixed to a more solid state :).

What I also noticed is that after that successful reboot the UI shows my pool BUT it things I did anything worth saving, because the yellow banner pops up immediately after I visited the zfs page and the pool is shown. The next reboot everything seems fine, so very strange and not really reproducible (sadly I know).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!