no bootable device found, usb -> sata ssd boot

• Hi all,

I've installed OMV5 onto an USB stick and booted the software successfully. I've used it for over a week without complains.

It worked fine but I wanted more speed and flexibility and got myself a sata->usb adapter and a ssd (which i've been using for some time now)

After the installation onto the ssd (with the 2 internal harddrives disconnected) the system boots into the terminal.

From there everything works as expected. Except if I reboot the system. After rebooting the motherboard returns an error message

containing the "no bootable storage found" error. The only way to get back into the terminal is by reinstalling the OS.

I use an ITX Biostar A68N-2100 motherboard which only has 2 sata ports. For the sake of testing I connected the ssd to a sata cable, and it appears to work fine.

I've disabled fast boot and secure boot. And the sata-usb adapter gets recognized by the bios. The system boots in UEFI mode.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue? I really don't want to use the sata port for my bootdrive, since I want to run a mirror setup with two hard drives.

Thanks in advance

• Do what you have to do to reboot back into the terminal and run:

update-grub

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!