Nothing will download in Transmission OVPN

• Everything I try to download just sits on Magnetized transfer-retrieving metadata. Nothing will seed either. Here are the logs:

• Make sure that the user Transmission runs as has permission write to the volumes and that the PUID and PGID exist on the system.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Make sure that the user Transmission runs as has permission write to the volumes and that the PUID and PGID exist on the system.

When I do id user1 in power shell it says uid=1000(user1) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),34(backup),1000(admin). User1 is my user1 that looks right. I think my permissions are correct bc this was working and suddenly it just stopped. How can I double check permissions?

• In the shell run:

ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid1/Downloads

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In the shell run:

ls -al /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid1/Downloads

drwxrwsrwx+ 7 user1 users 4096 Aug 11 23:01 .

drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 Nov 16 00:43 ..

drwxrwsr-x+ 3 user1 users 4096 Aug 11 23:02 'Calibre backup'

drwxr-xr-x+ 11 user1 users 249856 Dec 9 15:43 completed

drwxr-xr-x+ 39 user1 users 32768 Nov 27 19:55 incomplete

drwxr-xr-x+ 5 user1 users 4096 Dec 15 14:23 transmission-home

drwxrwxr-x+ 2 user1 users 4096 May 8 2019 watch

• Offizieller Beitrag

Couple of things possibly going on here...

1. https://www.privateinternetacc…nnouncement-30-september/

That pretty much broke all the vpn/torrent dockers with PIA.

2. Reading this, was instrumental in helping me get it working. https://github.com/haugene/doc…ssion-openvpn/issues/1463

Here is what ultimately got this going for me.. I can't really explain why, but if you're mapping your /config to an outside folder.. the container will fail to start every single time. So I just didn't create a config folder. The data folder seems unaffected by this.

docker run --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -d \

-v /srv/path/to/downloads:/data \

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

-e CREATE_TUN_DEVICE=true \

-e OPENVPN_PROVIDER=PIA \

-e OPENVPN_CONFIG=US Florida\

-e OPENVPN_USERNAME=pxxxxx \

-e OPENVPN_PASSWORD=xxxxxxx \

-e WEBPROXY_ENABLED=false \

-e LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \

--log-driver json-file \

--log-opt max-size=10m \

-p 9091:9091 \

haugene/transmission-openvpn

Try that, and see if you get it working. Obviously set your VPN username, password, local network and the path for your download

• I'm assuming I can just paste this into web editor for docker and fill in as needed?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm assuming I can just paste this into web editor for docker and fill in as needed?

Easiest thing to do would be paste it into a text file, make our edits, then you'll need to copy;/paste the whole thing into an SSH session.

• Really?

docker run hello-world

Does that work?

root@openmediavault:~# docker run hello-world

Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally

latest: Pulling from library/hello-world

0e03bdcc26d7: Pull complete Digest: sha256:1a523af650137b8accdaed439c17d684df61ee4d74feac151b5b337bd29e7eec

Hello from Docker!

This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:

1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.

2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.

(amd64)

3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the

executable that produces the output you are currently reading.

4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it

to your terminal.

Here is what happens after I paste the text:

root@openmediavault:~# docker run --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -d \

> -v /srv/path/to/downloads:/data \

> -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

> -e CREATE_TUN_DEVICE=true \

> -e OPENVPN_PROVIDER=PIA \

> -e PIA_OPENVPN_CONFIG_BUNDLE=openvpn

-e OPENVPN_CONFIG=US Florida\

-e OPENVPN_USERNAME= \

-e OPENVPN_PASSWORD= \

-e WEBPROXY_ENABLED=false \

-e LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \

--log-driver json-file \

--log-opt max-size=10m \

- OPENVPN_OPTS=--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60

-p 9091:9091 \

haugene/transmission-openvpn"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.

See 'docker run --help'.

Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

root@openmediavault:~# -e OPENVPN_CONFIG=US Florida\

> -e OPENVPN_USERNAME= \

> -e OPENVPN_PASSWORD= \

> -e WEBPROXY_ENABLED=false \

> -e LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \

> --log-driver json-file \

> --log-opt max-size=10m \

> - OPENVPN_OPTS=--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60

-bash: -e: command not found

root@openmediavault:~# -p 9091:9091 \

> haugene/transmission-openvpn

-bash: -p: command not found

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmm, I wonder if the way the forum software formatted it caused a problem...

Try this...

You can just paste that, it won't start, then use Portainer to make your adjustments in the Environment variables, storage section, etc.

• Hmm, I wonder if the way the forum software formatted it caused a problem...

Try this...

You can just paste that, it won't start, then use Portainer to make your adjustments in the Environment variables, storage section, etc.

root@openmediavault:~# docker run --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -d \

> -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-D1/Disk_1/Media/Torrents:/data \

> -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

> -e CREATE_TUN_DEVICE=true \

> -e OPENVPN_PROVIDER=PIA \

> -e OPENVPN_CONFIG=US Florida\

> -e OPENVPN_USERNAME=xxxx \

> -e OPENVPN_PASSWORD=xxxxx \

> -e WEBPROXY_ENABLED=false \

> -e LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \

> --log-driver json-file \

> --log-opt max-size=10m \

> -p 9091:9091 \

> haugene/transmission-openvpn

docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase.

See 'docker run --help'.

Thats from powershell.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that makes no sense... hold on

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's how the forum is formatting it.....

Paste it from here (I just tested it in a virtual machine, it works fine)

https://pastebin.com/ATjpMdNH

After that, use Portainer to adjust your username, password, volumes, etc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just got that one working in a virtual machine, so it definitely works... but it will take a little cleaning up (thought I took better notes on what I did)..

After you make your adjustments under storage

1. Under environments

Change the OPENVPN_CONFIG= from "US Florida" to "us_florida" (you'll get an error in the log saying the network has to end in .ovpn if you have this problem)

Add these two lines

DISABLE_PORT_UPDATER=true (Not sure what this does, but it was mentioned in that thread that it needs done)

OPENVPN_OPTS=--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60 (this enables the kill switch)

• I ran it. The log shows:

ActionsCopy Copy selected lines Unselect

Code
           -1 }">Your options for this provider are:@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@albania.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@algeria.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@andorra.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@argentina.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@armenia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@au_melbourne.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@au_perth.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@au_sydney.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@austria.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@bahamas.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@bangladesh.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@belgium.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@brazil.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@bulgaria.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ca_montreal.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ca_ontario.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ca_toronto.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ca_vancouver.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@cambodia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@china.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@cyprus.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@czech_republic.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@de_berlin.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@de_frankfurt.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@default.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@denmark.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@egypt.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@estonia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@finland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@france.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@georgia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@greece.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@greenland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@hong_kong.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@hungary.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@iceland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@india.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ireland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@isle_of_man.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@israel.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@italy.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@japan.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@kazakhstan.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@latvia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@liechtenstein.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@lithuania.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@luxembourg.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@macao.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@macedonia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@malta.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@mexico.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@moldova.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@monaco.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@mongolia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@montenegro.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@morocco.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@netherlands.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@new_zealand.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@nigeria.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@norway.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@panama.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@philippines.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@poland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@portugal.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@qatar.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@romania.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@saudi_arabia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@serbia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@singapore.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@slovakia.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@south_africa.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@spain.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@sri_lanka.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@sweden.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@switzerland.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@taiwan.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@turkey.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@uk_london.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@uk_manchester.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@uk_southampton.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ukraine.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@united_arab_emirates.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_atlanta.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_california.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_chicago.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_denver.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_east.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_florida.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_houston.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_las_vegas.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_new_york.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_seattle.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_silicon_valley.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_texas.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_washington_dc.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@us_west.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@venezuela.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@vietnam.ovpn@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@ -1 }">@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@NB: Remember to not specify .ovpn as part of the config name.@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@@@@WCF_PRE_LINEBREAK@@@

I have FL picked like the one you sent so im not sure why this is popping up.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!