Cron jobs run every minute even that they are not set for that

• Offizieller Beitrag

If that is what your job shows (*5***), that is likely the problem. You need to change that first star..

In the example above at 5, the job will run over and over for the entire 5hr, when 6 hits, the job will stop.

You need to change it to 05***. That means at 5hrs, 0 minutes.. the job will run, and and that's it. Change minute to 15, and the job will run over and over for 15min (this is all assuming you don't have the N trigger enabled on anything, which makes things totally different)

• Hello KM0201...

While i was creating the screenshots for gderf is saw my mistake...u were right...

I changed them and now its doing as it should...

Sorry for this unnecessary noob question...will try to do better

Thx you two....

• Darkyputz

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It's actually a pretty common mistake on scheduling rsync jobs.... not really a newb thing. Common sense would easily make one thing if it is *, then it should get skipped... and that's the whole problem, it does get skipped. So when it goes to your second number (5)... it says oh it wants to run for the entire 5 hour, because there's no value in that first setting.... setting it to 0, as you saw, means it runs at the top of the hour, and that's it.

Glad it helped.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!