Nextcloud on OMV5 - OMV GUI not accessible

• Hallo zusammen,

erst einmal vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung. Ich habe mir mehrere Forum Posts angeschaut, jedoch finde ich keinen, der mein Problem löst.

Ich bin kein Netzwerk, noch linux experte, darum verzeiht mir Fehler, die in euren Augen dumm erscheinen.

Was ist das Problem:

- Ich kann die Web Gui von OMV nicht erreichen, nachdem ich Nextcloud installiert habe.

relevante Informationen:

- ich habe Nextcloud nach dieser Anleitung installiert (https://dbtechreviews.com/2020…th-remote-access-and-ssl/) auch wenn ich beim Punkt "SMB CLient Configuration Setup" nicht pecl sondern apt benutzt habe, um den smb client zu installieren.

- Vor der Nextcloud installation konnte ich die GUI ohne Probleme über https://your-ip:81 erreichen

- Nextcloud, ssh etc. funktioniert

- omv-firstaid schon ausprobiert (Allgemeine Netzwerkeinstellungen + WebGui Port)

Welche Infos kann ich noch beilegen, damit ihr mir einfacher helfen könnt?

Vielen Dank im Voraus,

B0ld07

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Welche Infos kann ich noch beilegen, damit ihr mir einfacher helfen könnt?

Was passiert denn beim Aufruf von "https://your-ip:81"? Kommt eine Fehlermeldung? Wird die Nextcloud angezeigt? Bekommst du einen Timeout? Bist du sicher, dass du httpS verwendet hast und nicht http? Ist die Nextcloud mit HSTS konfiguriert?

Was sagt

Code
    systemctl list-units --failed
    systemctl status nginx.service
    tail /var/log/nginx/error.log
  • Steini! DU bist ein Gott!

Vielen Dank. Aufgrund der Kommandos habe ich den Fehler gefunden.

Im Guide wird gesagt, dass man unter /etc/nginx/nginx.conf folgendes einfügen soll:

Code
    server {    
        client_max_body_size 0;
    }

Echt vielen Dank! Saß schon mega lange dran und jetzt fixt du das sooo schnell.

Danke Danke Danke

• Hallo,

nach einem Stromausfall hab' ich meinen OMV 5.5 server wieder am laufen. Nextcloud im docker (incl. letsencrypt etc) funktioniert ebenfalls.

Allerdings funktioniert das OMV-GUI nicht mehr.

Evtl. kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen. Danke schonmal!

In Bezug auf #2:
    Anscheinend ist es nicht nur der nginx, der ein Problem hat:

Code
    root@serv01:~# systemctl list-units --failed
      UNIT                                                       LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION
    ? srv-7d53c928\x2d8f05\x2d4c12\x2dbff7\x2d4464804930ca.mount loaded failed failed /srv/7d53c928-8f05-4c12-bff7-4464804930ca
    ? nginx.service                                              loaded failed failed A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
    ? quotaon.service                                            loaded failed failed Enable File System Quotas
    Code
    root@awz-serv01:~# tail /var/log/nginx/error.log
    2021/02/23 22:53:35 [emerg] 22085#22085: "server" directive is not allowed here in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:67

Zeile 67ff:
    server {
        client_max_body_size 0;
    }

omv-firstaid hatte ich versucht, allerdings ohne Erfolg.

Vielen Dank und LG - tullsta

• Hello,

just for other which might have a same issue:

I commented out the lines 67...69 in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:

Code
    server {
        client_max_body_size 0;
    }

and then things worked fine again (after rebooting).

However, I do not understand the reason for this being necessary and why this happened at all.

It would be nice if someone could help to understand this issue.

Liebe Gruesse - tullsta

• Since I don't speak German, I can only understand part of what has been said above ---^^^but I saw some mentions to Nextcloud and Letsencrypt and Docker which assumes you're running it in containers/docker.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

If that is the case, where did you edited the "nginx.conf"?

Inside the container? Like docker exec -it nextcloud bash

Or from the terminal? As in nano /srv/path.to.volume/nextcloud/config/nginx...

The docker use of Nextcloud, Letsencrypt, etc needs editions in specific places and files to be running properly.

Code
    # This is part of the Nextcloud nginx.conf files used with NC, swag, MariaDB stack

http { # <<<<----- See the difference!!!

client_max_body_size 0;

}
  • Hello Soma,

I edited the nginx.conf on the OMV silesystem under /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

For whatever reason OMV started up properly but nginx did not and therefore no access to the OMV-GUI.

"systemctl status nginx.service" said that it was due to an incorrect statement within this conf-file.

However, coming back to your post: I did not edit any nextcloud related nginx-configuration. nextcloud (running in a docker) started up just fine.

Kind regards - tullsta

• I edited the nginx.conf on the OMV silesystem under /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

For whatever reason OMV started up properly but nginx did not and therefore no access to the OMV-GUI.

"systemctl status nginx.service" said that it was due to an incorrect statement within this conf-file.

If you change something on that file, you'll get errors, for sure (unless you know what you're doing)

I also learned the hard way, X/

I see above that the OP mentions the dbtechreview guide for nextcloud.

That guide is old and instructs people to edit ALL "nginx.conf" files in the system.

It's wrong.

If the Nextcloud is in docker, and the webserver that it runs along with it (swag, nginx, whatever) you only have to touch/edit the files inside the containers/volumes they belong to.

Even if you mess something in them, you will never haver problems on your running installation (OMV, in this case)

But, if you're sorted, 8)

• see above that the OP mentions the dbtechreview guide for nextcloud.

That guide is old and instructs people to edit ALL "nginx.conf" files in the system.

It's wrong.

And that explains my problems with installation.
    Do i understand it correct? - do not edit files via putty, byt connect to terminal via portainer >_

• And that explains my problems with installation.
    Do i understand it correct? - do not edit files via putty, byt connect to terminal via portainer >_

Not entirely true:

It all depends of what you need to do.

As spoken above ---^^^^ this was about the editing of the nginx.conf file pertaining Nextcloud.

If you run Nextcloud via docker, you must edit specific nginx.conf files and NOT all that you can find via terminal (as said on the guide of DBTech).

If you're editing the PROPER file, it doesn't matter if it's via terminal or portainer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!