libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2 installation problem

• That is the same package version with the same priority provided by two different mirrors but with different hashsums. That will lead to exactly the outcome you describe: an endless installation loop.

I believe the Raspbian project rebuilds the packages from Debian and you cannot mix Debian repositories with Raspbian repositories except you have a profound knowledge of what you are doing (... and then you can still run into a lot of trouble).

• That is the same package version with the same priority provided by two different mirrors but with different hashsums. That will lead to exactly the outcome you describe: an endless installation loop.

I believe the Raspbian project rebuilds the packages from Debian and you cannot mix Debian repositories with Raspbian repositories except you have a profound knowledge of what you are doing (... and then you can still run into a lot of trouble).

ok thanks, what`s next? Can I remove this from the update list?

• If you are running Raspbian you should remove the Debian security repository. If you are running Debian you should remove the Raspbian repository (in /etc/apt/sources.list or in any of the *.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/). Then the problem should disappear.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dleidert () aus folgendem Grund: typo fixed

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are running Raspbian you should remove the Debian security repository. If you are running Debian you should remove the Raspbian repository (in /etc/apt/sources.list or in any of the *.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. Then the problem should disappear.

OMV itself adds the security repo. This is the first time I have seen a conflicting hash and I created the first raspbian OMV image probably five plus years ago. I need to try to recreate this...

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just installed a fresh, latest armhf raspios image and then OMV via the install script. After this:

pi@rpi4b:~ $ apt-cache policy libapt-inst2.0

libapt-inst2.0:

Installed: 1.8.2.1

Candidate: 1.8.2.2

Version table:

1.8.2.2 500

500 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/main armhf Packages

1.8.2.2 500

500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main armhf Packages

*** 1.8.2.1 100

100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Then I ran apt-get dist-upgrade and it used the version from the raspbian repo.

Get:12 http://mirrors.gigenet.com/raspbian/raspbian buster/main armhf libapt-inst2.0 armhf 1.8.2.2 [200 kB]

Had no problem installing.

$ dpkg -l | grep libapt-inst

ii libapt-inst2.0:armhf 1.8.2.2 armhf deb package format runtime library

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Still fine...

• I think the test is not right. It should be:

• install from Rasbian
    • apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
    • install from Debian
    • apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

The thing that happens is that apt detects that the installed package doesn't have the same hashsum as the one provided by the server and will reinstall it. However I don't which roles file dates (mirror) and/or order in sources.list and/or apt configurations play in this situation. I've however seen it several times (especially in times when a lot of people had their own repositories and didn't change the Debian package version when rebuilding a package). IMHO one could increase the verbosity of the APT resolver on the affected systems to see what is actually happening.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the test is not right. It should be:

While I didn't think it would make a difference, I ran the test. No problems.

The thing that happens is that apt detects that the installed package doesn't have the same hashsum as the one provided by the server and will reinstall it. However I don't which roles file dates (mirror) and/or order in sources.list and/or apt configurations play in this situation. I've however seen it several times (especially in times when a lot of people had their own repositories and didn't change the Debian package version when rebuilding a package). IMHO one could increase the verbosity of the APT resolver on the affected systems to see what is actually happening.

I have been plugin packages for years and often build the same version many times before uploading to the repo. Then dist-upgrades never have issues. I have seen hash problems caused by bad Releases file in the repo or even failing media for the OS but not this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So what should I do then...?

Maybe this will work? Just tried this on my test system and had no issue but I can't replicate the issues.

sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.bak

sudo apt-get update

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libapt-inst2.0:armhf.md5sums

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get --reinstall install libapt-inst2.0

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

• YOU ARE THE MAN!

THANKS, THIS HELPED. :)

• Worked for me as well.

Thank you !

I assume the file needs to be renamed back?

sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.bak /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list

• I've the same problem(rpi4), but not only with the "libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2" package. There are 62 packages that get installed over and over again.

e.g. Unpacking sudo (1.8.27-1+deb10u3) over (1.8.27-1+deb10u3) ...

After latest update to 5..6.3-1 I got system emails every day:

but when I look at the list of current available updates the same packages are listed there.

So "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade" installs all the packages (again). After this only the "libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2" package is still shows as upgradable, and "apt clean && apt install libapt-inst2.0" solves the problem for it.

However, the above situation happens again after next run of the cron for automatic security updates.

• .... After this only the "libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2" package is still shows as upgradable, and "apt clean && apt install libapt-inst2.0" solves the problem for it.

However, the above situation happens again after next run of the cron for automatic security updates.

I had exactly the same scenario.

"apt clean && apt install libapt-inst2.0" helped

This happened at least 3 times to me. At least it's one line clean up instead of many :)

Thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!