How to remove failed disk from unionFS

• Hello,

I have the following setup:

• OMV5
    • UnionFS with 5 disks

One of the 5 disks has failed. OMV won't boot up, throwing an failed dependency error and going to emergency recovery mode so OMV panel is not available anymore.

How can I remove the affected disk from unionFS (and maybe from OMV totally) without access to the panel. Which config files do I need to edit?

kr

Wouter

• a quick search gives https://unionfs.filesystems.org as a starting point.

OMV doesn't mention UnionFS at all in its official documentation. Good luck!

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• How can I remove the affected disk from unionFS (and maybe from OMV totally) without access to the panel. Which config files do I need to edit?

Edit /etc/fstab and comment out the line that mounts the union.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• one problem: I cannot log into omv panel anymore. Here is the error log:

Code
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Here is output of systemctl openmediavault-engined.service --no-pager -l

Code
    omv-engined[6726]: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: mntent line 406 and fstab (line=467, column=13); Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: fstab line 393 and system (line=602, column=12); Fatal error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: system line 6 and config (line=1070, column=10); Fatal error 77: Premature end of data in tag config line 2 (line=1071, column=1) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:113
    omv-engined[6726]: Stack trace:
    omv-engined[6726]: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(34): OMV\Config\DatabaseBackend->load()
    omv-engined[6726]: #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(44): OMV\Configomv-engined[6726]: #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/59mergerfs.inc(24): OMV\Config\Database::getInstance()
    omv-engined[6726]: #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(360): require_once('/usr/share/open...')
    omv-engined[6726]: #4 {main}
    omv-engined[6726]:   thrown in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc on line 113
    systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/EXCEPTION
    systemd[1]: openmediavault-engined.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Here is my /etc/fstab

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!