No OVM-Installation on HPE Microserver Gen8

• Hello,

I couldn't find anything suitable in the forum, so I'll put my request here again:

I'm trying to install OMV on an HPE Microserver Gen8 on an SSD at Port5 via ilo4 but I failed. A test installation of Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS on the same system went smoothly. I passed 4 x HDD disks to the internal RAID controller as described in AHCI mode, which works without problems. I was able to boot Ubuntu and access the HDDs. Why does the OVM installation fail after recognizing the network cards with a blank (blue) screen without an error code or other information? THX :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm trying to install OMV on an HPE Microserver Gen8 on an SSD at Port5 via ilo4 but I failed

I have Gen7 but I run mine from a usb flash drive, but the usual procedure if OMV fails but you can install another distro is to install Debian using net install then install OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your installation of OMV5 fully functional including the plug-ins and OMV extras

Yes, but mine is currently on a VM where I have been testing, awaiting some new drives then I'll move it too Gen7, but you shouldn't have any problems. The latest kernel is 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you for your answer. Is your installation of OMV5 fully functional including the plug-ins and OMV extras (Docker, Portainer, Cockpit)?

Which Debian kernel are you running?

As long as you've got Internet access.. installing the backport kernel is very simple (5.9). Complete your install as geaves pointed out with the script on top of a minimal Debian 10 install.

Once that is done, in the OMV webUI click OMV-extras/Settings, and click the trigger beside the backport repository to enable it.... Save and Apply.

In command line as root..

apt update

apt-get -t buster-backports install linux-image-amd64

Let it do its thing then reboot,

Upon reboot, log in and check your kernel version with uname -a. You should be at 5.9.0

• My installation of OMV5 on Debian10 with Kernel 4.19 gave a failure at plug-ins and OMV extras but I will try it again with the backport kernel (5.9) as you recommendet.

I will report the result here.

THX.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!