Failed to create a file system, when trying to install OMV 5.5.11 from a USB stick to a SSD

• Hello,

I am trying to install OMV 5.5.11-amd64.iso I boot from a USB stick and try to install OMV on a NVME M2. I first did build the system there is an old mint install on the SSD and I could boot into this old Mint install and this seemed to work fine. Then I did boot with an USB disk to install OMV on this SSD. It is fine with me if all data and partitions are removed from this SSD. The strange thing is I can not install OMV on the SSD as I get stuck at an error telling me Failed to create a file system. There is no option to delete a partition or edit a partition. I hope one of you can help me out. Thanks in advance!

• Now it works. When I did hit escape a few times I got the option to enter a command prompt. Then I tried to remove the partitions with fdisk, this did fail. Then I did try to see if the SSD was mountend already. this was the case. So I did use umnout to unmount the SSD then I did exit the command prompt and I could install OMV. Do not know why the SSD got mounted but anayway now it seems to work. Hope someone can use this text.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!