OMV4 to OMV5 error on updatescript?

• If my reading is correct the command you are using just fails to deal with the prompt. So that sounds like you are running something in a docker image maybe? You'll have to tell apt how to deal with those prompts then. To go with the default action (keep the old ones) use:

Code
    sudo apt-get install -f -o DPkg::options::="--force-confdef" -o DPkg::options::="--force-confold"
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -o DPkg::options::="--force-confdef" -o DPkg::options::="--force-confold"

This will move the existing file out of the way and then install the one shipped by default.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The upgrade runs in non-interactive mode but still prompts. Irritating. Try:

apt-get --yes --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confnew" install systemd

Then run the upgrade script again.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The upgrade runs in non-interactive mode but still prompts. Irritating.

The referenced upgrade4to5 script does not run apt-get dist-upgrade non-interactively.

apt-get --yes --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confnew" install systemd

This should be run before the upgrade4to5 script to replace the customized logind.conf before the upgrade attempt to avoid the prompt or the apt-get dist-upgrade call in the script must be changed to something like this (to use the old conf files):

Code
    apt-get dist-upgrade -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" 

This will pre-define the prompt behavior. The --yes switch is actually not really necessary when using the --force-* options.

• I ran your command with above results.

You are obviously trying to upgrade a system which does not offer a prompt. In this case you have to let apt know what it should do in this case. Two options: go with the new configuration files:

Code
    -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confmiss" -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confnew"

or go with the old ones:

Code
    -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confold"

So use either of those together with apt-get install -f or try reinstall the failing packages via apt-get install --reinstall <options> <package> after a failed attempt. Or make the fix (add either of the above to the apt-get dist-upgrade call) in the script before you run it

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dleidert () aus folgendem Grund: Make sure when to do what

• many thanks for your help.

I ran the steps from the link from post 1 after your commands and seems it has worked well.

Dockers are running also and first look is promising.

Now need to check how to get the RTL8125b working.

• bembes

Hat das Label OMV 4.x hinzugefügt.
  • bembes

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The referenced upgrade4to5 script does not run apt-get dist-upgrade non-interactively.

Really? It is exporting the noninteractive DEBIAN_FRONTEND variable. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ob/master/upgrade4to5#L19

This should be run before the upgrade4to5 script to replace the customized logind.conf before the upgrade attempt to avoid the prompt or the apt-get dist-upgrade call in the script must be changed to something like this (to use the old conf files):

The systemd install command could be run in the script and not before. Using the old conf files does not always work. This is why the script upgrades the base-files package individually - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ob/master/upgrade4to5#L89

The --yes switch is actually not really necessary when using the --force-* options.

And it doesn't hurt either.

I realize I tell noobs to fresh install but that doesn't mean I have upgraded Debian thousands of times in the last 15+ years. I wrote a quick upgrade script to help. I never wanted to spend this much time on something that wasn't supported by OMV anyway. So, it might not be super comprehensive but it has worked for a lot of people. Some packages obviously have changed since that need tweaks.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Really? It is exporting the noninteractive DEBIAN_FRONTEND variable.

That will not make the conffile prompt disappear. The variable is for debconf and ucf and the installer.

The systemd install command could be run in the script and not before. Using the old conf files does not always work. This is why the script upgrades the base-files package individually

The hint was meant for how to avoid the conffile prompt. If you replace the conffile beforehand to its original the prompt won't appear. Still the user will be prompted for all the other affected services (monit, collectd, etc. - check out the picture posted showing all the failing packages).

I wrote a quick upgrade script to help. I never wanted to spend this much time on something that wasn't supported by OMV anyway. So, it might not be super comprehensive but it has worked for a lot of people. Some packages obviously have changed since that need tweaks.

The user is updating a (virtual) image of some kind. That's what I assume from all the information given. And in this case there is not always an STDIN available, a case the script didn't account for. All you have to do is to care about the conffile prompt at the dist-upgrade step. I really don't care if you keep the old conffiles or use the new ones. You are probably a lot more capable of deciding what's bets in case of OMV. But the script is dealing with a real issue here.

JFTR: The --yes switch and --force-confdef are actually conflicting messages. I think the latter has preference but I'm not sure if that's by choice or by coincidence.

• Offizieller Beitrag

All you have to do is to care about the conffile prompt at the dist-upgrade step. I really don't care if you keep the old conffiles or use the new ones. You are probably a lot more capable of deciding what's bets in case of OMV. But the script is dealing with a real issue here.

And that is what I am trying to tell you. base-files fails to upgrade if you keep the old files. But using new conf files in a dist-upgrade would most likely destroy an OMV system.

JFTR: The --yes switch and --force-confdef are actually conflicting messages. I think the latter has preference but I'm not sure if that's by choice or by coincidence.

The two switches are not quite conflicting. Maybe in the case of updating config files but there are other questions that yes will answer. Granted it shouldn't be needed for noninteractive.

Either way, I added the options to keep the old config files on the dist-upgrade and removed the --yes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!