WebGUI login doesn't work

• login doesn't work

If I log in from WebGUI with user and password it does not let me enter the OMV interface. it always brings me back to login. it doesn't give me any kind of error

please ask for help

it has always worked for months, today it doesn't let me enter the interface anymore

• The most frequent cause of this problem is having the root filesystem fill up.

Can you ssh into the machine? If so check the available disk space with the df program.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• How much free space is there now?

Find out what is filling it up and correct that problem.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• That should be more than enough free space to allow login. I don't know what else could be preventing it.

--

• That should be more than enough free space to allow login. I don't know what else could be preventing it.

I also check the other HDDs and I hope to find the problem. I have a question OMV I installed it in an SSD but the files I use are on other 5 different HDDs, but if one of these is full, the WebGUI crashes anyway?

• I am fairly sure that only if the system disk is full there will be problems logging in. How full the other disks are shouldn't matter, at least not for logging in. But if you can move some files around and free up some space on all disks it wouldn't hurt.

--

• I am fairly sure that only if the system disk is full there will be problems logging in. How full the other disks are shouldn't matter, at least not for logging in. But if you can move some files around and free up some space on all disks it wouldn't hurt.

good morning and thank you very much for pointing me to the solution.

I turned off all the HDDs from the power supply, I only left the SSD with OMV4 active.

it didn't let me connect to the WebGUI even with all HDDs disconnected.

So I used the USB key with the software to partition the HDDs, from there I found that the SDD had 20GB occupied for the whole. I had left 35GB unallocated.

So I made a whole 55GB partition.

I rebooted and everything started working.

question: why the 8GB of OMV4 became 20GB?

I never put any FILES on this SSD.

Does OMV4 create temporary files and overload the space where it is installed?

• Having the root filesystem fill up is a very common problem. It is almost always caused by a process that the user had no idea that is was configured to do this. One of the most common is any use of Docker where the user left the container storage path set to the default: /var/lib/docker

In other words, you may have not put any files on the SSD but something did. By growing the partition from 20GB to 55GB you have only temporarily solved the problem. If you don't find out why this has happened it is only a matter of time before it happens again.

--

• storage path set to the default: /var/lib/docker

thanks for your answer.

i checked in, var / lib / docker,

I found a folder named "overlay2" with 13GB of occupied space.

Analyzing a multitude of folders, I found files named "error-log" of exorbitant size,

crammed into folders named "nginx".

Qustion. Can I delete these files?

• I don't have an answer for you as far as deleting those files.

You should be more concerned about how and why they were created in the first place, solve that problem, and then if no more new files of that name appear, then delete them.

I run more than a dozen dockers and I do not have a single file named error-log anywhere on my system.

--

• I have that file. It is about 100 bytes and contains two lines of text, neither indicate any problems.

I suggest stopping the docker service, deleting that file, and starting the docker service again. Then see if the file is recreated and what it contains.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!