OMV and PLEX MEDIA SERVER under HP Proliant N54L

• Hello guys.

Slowly, I am building my new OMV server on the HP proliant n54l. I have already written that my goal is to delete whs2011 without losing functionality. I use plex mediaplayer (on smarttv, iphone, ipad, pc, etc.).

I am a beginner so I ask you for a quick and easy way to install plex plug-in easily.

thanks.

• Plex seems to be having some problems right now (at least the linuxserver version is)... there's a few threads on it, or switch to Emby

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• I assume you are on OMV5. There is no plex-plugin anymore. You have to install Plex in docker.

There is a video from TDL

Install Plex and Configure on Portainer OMV5

and a text guide:

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

• thank you guys

on the samsung platform for os tizen there is no emby mediaplayer. this is a big problem for me because I use plex at home and also outside.

i will check macom links

So that you don't lose your progress;

Backup your boot drive.

(Wait... Did I say that too loud...?? :- )

thanks but I can still see! :)

• I assume you are on OMV5. There is no plex-plugin anymore. You have to install Plex in docker.

There is a video from TDL

Install Plex and Configure on Portainer OMV5

and a text guide:

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

Hello Macom

Yes, I'm on omv 5.5.19-1. It's not good news that there isn't any plex plugin. Using the latest plugin available may create compatibility problems.

I wish it was easier to install plex. Sorry :(X/ .

• Using the latest plugin available may create compatibility problems.

Yes,, that will not work.

You can install Plex from CLI alongside OMV.

But I would suggest to install it in Docker. By this it is separated from the server and you avoid dependency conflicts.

Especially if you will install more services Docker is really nice. Almost impossible to break the system with it.

• Hello guys.

Good news! i have plex on my omv but don't ask me how i did it because it wasn't me. two things helped me, the DB Tech video on youtube and my precious friend Luigi.

now my NAS with OMV has a fantastic plex server that sends my video library everywhere even outside the home.

a special thanks to Luigi

I am attaching some images.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!