OMV network interface issue after changing motherboard

• Hello,

I have a problem with my omv nas. I upgraded my nas from an asrock j4105 to a gigabyte b450i with an amd r5 3400g. Everything worked, but for some reason when starting my nas it shows me a message on the command line "omv a start job is running for raise network interfaces", I used omv-first aid to setup the ethernet controller, when finished it shows me "errno 11 device currently not available". My omv is accessible from the Internet, also my virtual machines are working, but I can't change the ethernet adaptor on network settings, the old one is still listed, when removing the old one and adding the new one it takes forever to save and ends with an error message. Even ssh isn't working (it was turned if and I tried turning it on). I think the old adaptor is still in configuration file. I don't want to do a fresh install because I have virtual machines and docker images wich I don't want to reconfigure. Is there a way to fix this issue? I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

• Using Google, it seems that NIC is a Realtor 8111H.

I'm guessing you'll need to install some nonfree firmware for it to work

https://www.linuxquestions.org…oesn%27t-work-4175641982/

My board is using an Intel i211 network card, I think I have to install a driver too. Can you tell me how to do this? There is a driver on the Intel website for FreeBSD, and Linux. I'm a pretty noon, how do I install this via command line? https://downloadcenter.intel.c…werkanschl-sse-f-r-Linux-

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My board is using an Intel i211 network card, I think I have to install a driver too. Can you tell me how to do this? There is a driver on the Intel website for FreeBSD, and Linux. I'm a pretty noon, how do I install this via command line? https://downloadcenter.intel.c…werkanschl-sse-f-r-Linux-

Thanks in advance.

My mistake, I looked at the ASRock board. The i211 has been supported for quite some time with Debian. Intel in general has pretty wide support in the Linux kernel.

As for the driver, I'm assuming if you download that tar file and open it, inside is an install file that will have instructions on how to install it...

• My mistake, I looked at the ASRock board. The i211 has been supported for quite some time with Debian. Intel in general has pretty wide support in the Linux kernel.

As for the driver, I'm assuming if you download that tar file and open it, inside is an install file that will have instructions on how to install it...

I´m a Linux noob, I don´t know how to download and install the driver via command line, I hoped that you may could help me out. For some reason, deleting the old interface on omv worked, but adding the ne one doesnt, it gives me the error message I showed above. I think it has something to do with the error message from omv-firstaid "[Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable", for some reason the webgui, some docker containers, plex, and virtual box is working. But ssh, smb and some ohters not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I´m a Linux noob, I don´t know how to download and install the driver via command line, I hoped that you may could help me out. For some reason, deleting the old interface on omv worked, but adding the ne one doesnt, it gives me the error message I showed above. I think it has something to do with the error message from omv-firstaid "[Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable", for some reason the webgui, some docker containers, plex, and virtual box is working. But ssh, smb and some ohters not.

I'm at work at the moment so I can't download it to look at it... but generally speaking, you'd have to download it on a machine with network access, put it on some sort of portable media and move it to your server, then untar the tar file (it's kina like a zip file) and then see if there is an install instructions, etc.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/…ar-file-in-unix-or-linux/

Can you log in locally? (with a display attached to your server) log in as root, and run omv-firstaid and see if you can configure the intel device.

• I'm at work at the moment so I can't download it to look at it... but generally speaking, you'd have to download it on a machine with network access, put it on some sort of portable media and move it to your server, then untar the tar file (it's kina like a zip file) and then see if there is an install instructions, etc.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/…ar-file-in-unix-or-linux/

Can you log in locally? (with a display attached to your server) log in as root, and run omv-firstaid and see if you can configure the intel device.

Sorry for the late reply, in addition I asked on linuxquestions, but because it´s a custom build of linux, with additional software it´s not that easy to find the problem for the one guy who tried to help me. Please take a look at my post there, I posted all the logs of my system.

https://www.linuxquestions.org…-35-1-arrakis-4175687563/

Maybe you can find the issue. I hope you can help me out. Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry for the late reply, in addition I asked on linuxquestions, but because it´s a custom build of linux, with additional software it´s not that easy to find the problem for the one guy who tried to help me. Please take a look at my post there, I posted all the logs of my system.

https://www.linuxquestions.org…-35-1-arrakis-4175687563/

Maybe you can find the issue. I hope you can help me out. Thank you.

All it is is Debian 9... they are overthinking it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you mean? Is there any way to fix it? I think it must be some config file.

I don't know, I've not had time to look at it.. what I'm saying is OMV 4 is just Debian 9.. it's not a custom version of Linux as you suggested.

Intel NIC's are generally some of the most widely accepted on Linux.. so not sure what you have going on. Honestly I'd suggest installing OMV 5 since OMV 4 is EOL anyway, but I'm assuming that is out of the question.

• I don't know, I've not had time to look at it.. what I'm saying is OMV 4 is just Debian 9.. it's not a custom version of Linux as you suggested.

Intel NIC's are generally some of the most widely accepted on Linux.. so not sure what you have going on. Honestly I'd suggest installing OMV 5 since OMV 4 is EOL anyway, but I'm assuming that is out of the question.

I would like to use it for a bit of time, because I have virtual machines installed wich are important for me. So I would like to fix the problem. I wouldbe happy if you could take a look when you have the time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like to use it for a bit of time, because I have virtual machines installed wich are important for me. So I would like to fix the problem. I wouldbe happy if you could take a look when you have the time.

Well it's tough to give you a logical explanation. The 211 is pretty well known and I've seen it in use by quite a few. I don't use virtual machines on OMV but I can't imagine any reason they could not be imported.

• Well it's tough to give you a logical explanation. The 211 is pretty well known and I've seen it in use by quite a few. I don't use virtual machines on OMV but I can't imagine any reason they could not be imported.

The problem is, I´m contributing to storj wher my NAS has to be running. But it seems, that I´m alone with my problem, and I have to get used to it. VMs are running, but other plugins not due to the network issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!