Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

• I've upgraded from 4 to 5 using this great script.

At the very end (I guess so) I've got an error related to grub - for whatever reason the old non-existent drive was still referenced somewhere in the configuration. Do I need to (re-)run some scripts after reboot in order to finalize the upgrade process?

• /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/run.d/80-apt-dist-upgrade

this script and all alphabetically sorted after it need to be run

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi dleidert, hi ryecoaaron

I just ran the upgrade script 4->5 on my system.
    At the end of the log file there is an error about mywebsql.

After a reboot I'm still on omv 4.1.36. I can log into the webgui, nothing seems to be damaged.

Here's the log file. Would be really great if you or someone else could have a look at what's wrong here and why the upgrade isn't working.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would be really great if you or someone else could have a look at what's wrong here and why the upgrade isn't working.

You should fix the repos before running the upgrade script - RE: omv-extras repos moving to github

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• H, I'm going to use your script to upgrade 4to5

My OMV4 (latest) runs the following services:

smb (configured via OMV gui)

wireguard

OMV-extras/plugins:

Plex

UrBackup-server

docker (openVPN-AS, ShadowSocks).

Is there anything I should do before running your script?

is there anyrhing that won't work with OMV5?

I guess I'll need to manually reinstall headers and kernel mod for wireguard (unless the new kernel is higher than 5.4)

• Based on my limited understanding the following changes are needed:

1) wireguard needs to be provided by 5.10 kernel

2) Plex and UrBackup-server will need to be run insider a docker container

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Hi,

I would like to upgrade my omv 4.1.36-1 installation, which I'm running on a odroid xu4 soc-computer, to version 5. Unfortunately already the first step doesn't work. I am using putty to reach my device via SSH and

Zitat

debconf-show grub-pc | grep -w grub-pc/install_devices

in the command-line results in nothing than a new prompt.

Does the here given upgrade-script not apply to my configuration? Sorry, if this is kind of a stupid question. I use omv for quite a while now, but haven't climbed to a level higher than "satisfied dilettante"...

Thanks in advance

Carsten

• are you trying to execute the script by copying line by line?

That approach wouldn't make sense

• Based on my limited understanding the following changes are needed:

1) wireguard needs to be provided by 5.10 kernel

2) Plex and UrBackup-server will need to be run insider a docker container

1: GREAT, no more kernel upgrades breaking WG

2:this would be a real pain.....I already estimated the possible issue of implementing docker to handle shared folders accessed by several services both on host and continers......and I guess the best way to handle it would be IDMAPPED, coming with kernel 5.12.....what kernel is the latest OMV5 running on? (I don't want to to mess up with backports)

• what kernel is the latest OMV5 running on?

whatever version Debian 10 supports

• I am running 5.12. but I think there is no official package yet. You can just compile it yourself. You should find a guide here in the forum. I don't really understand why you think you need IDMAPPED, but anyway.

• Zitat

are you trying to execute the script by copying line by line?

That approach wouldn't make sense

Sorry, but I do not understand, what you mean. Executing the above quoted command results in no output. I thought one would get information about the device ovm is booting from? And that this step is neccessary b e f o r e the upgrade script is applied?

• Executing the above quoted command results in no output.

More information about your hardware and OS version is needed. Most user provide this in their signature.

The command is only giving output whne grub is actually used.

what is the output of debconf-show grub-pc

• Hi – and thanks for your patience...

The output is also nothing. Just a new prompt.

My hardware an OS version:

- odroid XU4 with ARMv7 Processor

- Kernel 4.14.150-odroidxu4

- omv 4.1.36-1

• The output is also nothing

Actually this is exactly what I expected, because grub is only used on X86/amd64 PC platform but not on ARM platform.

In other words nothing to worry about

• omv-salt deploy run --no-color avahi 2>&1' with exit code '1': Destiny.flat.intranet: Data failed to compile:

---------- Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.avahi.services.nfs' failed: Jinja error: shares: The value ' ' is not an object.

seems an issue caused by avahi.

THE PART "The value ' ' is not an object" could indicate avahi was not correctly configured before you tried to upgrade.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you still need avahi?

avahi is a dependency of OMV.

I would try:

sudo omv-confdbadm migrate "conf" "5.0.0"

sudo omv-salt deploy run avahi

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!