Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install another app that depends on avahi? try to unistall avahi from shell will show that

Please stop telling people to do bad things when you don't know what it will do. Uninstalling avahi will uninstall OMV - https://github.com/openmediava…avault/debian/control#L18

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• i was able to run sudo omv-confdbadm migrate "conf" "5.0.0" but when i try

sudo omv-salt deploy run avahi i got this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey nfs

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The docker plugin doesn't store container info. Portainer doesn't store container info. Docker stores container info. So, when you upgrade, docker isn't removed meaning your containers stay around. When you install Portainer, it "sees" all of the containers because Docker tells it about them. So, you shouldn't have a problem. Yacht works the same way and is intended to be a bit simpler than portainer.

sorry I missed your reply initially. I was under the impression that Portainer used docker-compose under the hood so it wouldn't pick up containers that were run directly. But if that's not the case, it's simpler than I thought :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

sudo: omv-showkey: command not found

You don't have omv-extras installed then. You can use this instead:

sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.service.nfs

• You don't have omv-extras installed then. You can use this instead:

sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.service.nfs

• Offizieller Beitrag

Evidently, your config.xml is not in a good state. Try this: sudo awk "/<nfs>/,/<\/nfs>/" /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well that shouldn't be a problem. Did you manually edit the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml at all? I guess I would need to see the entire file. Or you could cut&paste it into an online XML validator.

• I haven't edit the config file manuall. there are multiple version of the config.xml file starting at config.xml, config.xml.001, config.xml.002 going up to config.xml.0025

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see any issues with the xml and it validates. I would take that copy down in case there is any sensitive data in it. Maybe try adding an nfs share even if you don't have enable it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, the output of this will be long but:

sudo salt-call -l debug --local --retcode-passthrough state.apply omv.deploy.avahi

• omv-salt: command not found

Hello, I upgraded from OMV 4 to 5 on an RasPi2 with the script of dleidert -great work, thank you so much!- and am stuck with the following error message:

/root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: 13: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: omv-salt: not found

run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt exited with return code 127

I searched the forum but didn't find something helpful on that issue, at least nothing that I recognized as helpful...

I am able to ssh as root into the installation and also can use the SFTP connection to acces my data, but have no web GUI, only a blank page and the message:

403 Forbidden

nginx

To upgrade, I followed the instructions here

omv-extras repos moving to github

then I closed all services except ssh and also uninstalled omv-extras and several other plugins that were unused or that possibly could make problems.

Then I ran the script as root, using screen, as recommended.

I have no idea what went wrong, can anybody help? The logfile is attached.

Thank you in advance.

• there was a package error in log:

dpkg: error: cannot access archive '/var/cache/apt/archives/libtommath1_1.0-4_armhf.deb': No such file or directory

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Mybe that is related. can you check or reinstall libtommath1?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi mi-hol, I installed libtommath1 via apt as you suggested, but I dont know how I would test if that made a difference.

Also I can't see how this could be related to the error that omv-salt can not be found. Do you know the path where the script looks for omv-salt? Or how to install it manually when it is not present?

There is no cloud, just other people's computers.

• path where the script looks for omv-salt?

export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

is used in all upgrade scripts.

If omv-salt is not found in one of these directories, openmediavault package could be corrupted on the download mirror server used. no idea how to fix that though.

Did you follow the guidelines in first post (copied below)?

Before you attempt any upgrade I recommend the following steps:

Make a full backup of your operating system and make sure you know how to play it back in case something awful happens.
    Uninstall all unused plugins. Those make the upgrade harder. But if you don't use/need them then don't install them.
    Disable all services running on the OMV machine except for SSH. This will prevent any users from trying to access these services during the upgrade process and it will also allow to remount the data partitions/devices with the shared folders, samba shares, etc. as read-only before attempting the upgrade (mandatory at the moment)
    If the upgrade attempt is done remotely via SSH I highly recommend to install screen and run the script in a screen session (see below). Otherwise if the SSH connection breaks the console session will close too and the running script will be terminated even if it has not finished and leaves the system broken.
    If you are running encryption (especially on the boot device), if you have unusual boot configurations (scripts), if you are running graphical desktop environments, if you have a lot of third party packages installed, or if you want to stay with sysvinit instead of systemd please make sure you read the Debian release notes. In these cases you are probably better off with a manual upgrade or you have to prepare your system before you can run the scripts.

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• dleidert: I finally found the posts of alen and evanfromiowa that seem to have hit similar problems.

So I followed the steps from your post #50

RE: Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

without commenting out backports, but unfortunately without success:

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7# sudo apt-cache policy openmediavault
    openmediavault:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 5.6.13-1
      Version table:
         5.6.13-1 500
            500 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public usul/main armhf Packages
         4.1.36-1 -1
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Seems like there is no version of omv installed at all now, and sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv updates nothing but monit:

Edit: the funny thing is that I can still access the data via SFTP, so the OMV4 installation is still there and functional.

Do you have any suggestions?

There is no cloud, just other people's computers.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von maddinMP ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!