Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

• from the log file provided

Code
    The system has been successfully converted.
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt
    /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: 13: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: omv-salt: not found
    run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt exited with return code 127

the last script running unsuccessfully is

Code
    /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt

did you find a more detailed log explaining the reason for the non-zero return code?

this script will need to finish successfully before the next script (sudo run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv) will work

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• did you find a more detailed log explaining the reason for the non-zero return code?

The reason is explained one line above in the log, I think:

/root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: 13: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/post.d/70-omv-salt: omv-salt: not found

which I read as: line 13 of the script calls omv-salt, which can't be found, so the script is exiting.

The script run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv that you mention did run already before /post.d/70-omv-salt is executed, see line 7878 of my log:

run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/run.d/81-apt-dist-upgrade-omv

But it doesn't upgrade omv, only removes openmediavault package and others, I don't know why.

There is no cloud, just other people's computers.

• I now followed the method described by ryecoaaron for Jedge starting with this post: RE: WebUi login failed

Successfully installed omv5 this way, ssh is working, but I still can't access the web interface ("502 Bad Gateway nginx")

and the command omv-salt deploy run nginx doesn't work, see terminal output, but nginx and php can be started anyway:

Strange.

Edit: I am still able to access the stored files on the NAS via SFTP over internet. It's just the web interface that doesn't work.

There is no cloud, just other people's computers.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von maddinMP ()

• I just upgraded the Odroid HC2 from omv4 to omv5 (and armbian stretch to armbian booster too).

I wonder if I need a swap and where is it located? On sd card or hdd?

Odroid HC2 has 2gb ram and if I don't need a swap how to remove it?

One thing confuses me: when I connect to the odroid via putty (ssh), I don't see hdd in the welcome screen, how much free space is there, what is its temperature ... is usb flash and sd card.

Otherwise I don't see any problems for now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the output

Well, that wasn't helpful. How about:

sudo /usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache

sudo omv-salt stage run prepare

sudo omv-salt deploy run avahi

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• One problem for now: hdd wont spin down.

Spin down was set in jmicron controler to 30 minutes.

Before upgrade spin down was ok.

I reinstalled the firmware and set the spin down time, but it didn't help.

Code
    root@odroid:~# ./JMS578FwUpdate -d /dev/sda -f ./JMS578-Hardkenel-Release-v173.01.00.02-20190306.bin -b ./backup.bin -t 30
  • With command hdparm -y /dev/sdb I can put hdd to sleep.

Is it possible that with upgrade something is missing or it is broken in jmicron firmware spin down command?

Can I use (how) hdparm to spin down hdd after 30 minutes ?

Or to install HD-idle?

I have WD red 4 tb hdd.

If I use hdparm or hd-idle I must first set jmicron settings to 0?

• lvm2 seems to cause errors on RPI see [SOLVED ?!] Failed to update/upgrade OMV5 webgui/nginx fails/forbidden/refused to connect

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Well, that wasn't helpful. How about:

sudo /usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache

sudo omv-salt stage run prepare

sudo omv-salt deploy run avahi

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try remove the linefeed in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml to look like this

Code
    <nfs>
     <enable>0</enable>
     <shares></shares>
     </nfs>

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi!
    The scripts are great and i appreciate the work that was done.

I did a mistake and hope somebody can help me.

I upgrade from 4 to 5 and checked the grub part before upgrading. Sadly i forgot that i changed the boot device approx two years ago and the device shown was the old one. My mistake! :(

I think i repaired grub and installed it on the correct drive now. is there a way to just continue the script?

Code
    Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.133+deb10u1) ...
    update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-17-amd64
    Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     grub-pc
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/pre.d/10-update-omv exited with return code 100

This is the tail from the log file.

Greetings

Terren

Edit: Since a second call of apt dist upgrade would do no harm, i just removed the check 01-debian-version.
    Seems to be working in my case. I'll update with the results.

Edit2: Wokred for me. Thank you for the scripts! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you able to give me a bit more details and a better example please

Open the config.xml file

sudo nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Find the nfs section and make it look like what I posted. ctrl-o to save, ctrl-x to exit.

• Hello,

First, thx for your jobs :)

I have issue when updating OMV4 to OMV5

Mi log after running the script

https://github.com/dleidert/op…ter.2021-08-11-115330.log

After reboot, i cant login on the web interface (login fail), reset password on shh for the admin acount dosent work

SHH ok

Im now on debian 10.10

If i check with
    <span style="color:#696969;">dpkg -l | grep openm</span> im on 4.x :(

with omv-firstaid the reset web consol admin password dosent work also

EDIT : Finaly i have find.

First i have rolback with save.

Fix the omvextra dl faild with this :

For OMV 4.x only

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d

sudo mv omv-extras-org.list omv-extras-org.bak

echo "deb https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian arrakis main" | sudo tee omv-extras-org.list

cd /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/

sudo wget https://openmediavault-plugin-…/debian/omvextras2026.asc

sudo apt-key add omvextras2026.asc

sudo apt-get update

And i can run without error the migartion script :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Triseaux () aus folgendem Grund: add informations

• Feedback

Feel free to send me feedback or report issues.

I missed the deadline at which the omv-extra repos moved to github. Because of that I decided to upgrade to version 5 to have a supported system again.

First I changed the necessary repos in OMV4.

After that I used your script. It exited with an error, because I'm using MergerFS. Therefore I had to unmount a folder which used the type fuse.mergerfs, your script was not able to remount it read-only.

After unmounting I started your script again and it ran without a hitch. It even told me which packages couldn't be found (snapraid and a few other omv-plugins). Installing the extra-repo for OMV5 also reinstalled these packages. After updating grub (because I have to use a separate usb-key for it), I could restart and it just worked.

I had to manually enable and start plexmediaserver, maybe your script could also do that if the variable "THIS_UPGRADE_KEEP_PLEX" is 1?

Aside from that: Your script made my life a hell of a lot easier when upgrading my OMV. So sincerely: Thank you.

• Hi,

I have a problem with openmediavault-upgrade-4.7.

I opened an issue on Github:

openmediavault-upgrade-4.7 - pre.d · Issue #41 · dleidert/openmediavault-upgrade · GitHub

A log file is available from the issue.

From the log file , I can see that I might have errors in pre.d:

• run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/pre.d/15-stop-services
      Failed to get unit file state for docker.service: No such file or directory
    • run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/pre.d/20-remount-ro
    • run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/pre.d/20-remount-ro exited with return code 11

Can somebody help?

• Please attach the log file here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!