Restore from FSarchiver files

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess you are beyond the point of giving it another try.

For the future I would suggest to get a second USB thumb drive and clone the first one on the second one. Or make an image of the first one and write the image on the second one. Test the second one, so that you know you have a working backup method.

I would suggest to do this offline (i.e. on another computer) and use usbimager for that: https://gitlab.com/bztsrc/usbimager

It is also worth testing the USB stick before first use and every time when you have doubts about its proper function with Htestw or f3

• Unable to restore for 2 days, I give up .

Sorry to hear that, would you mind to detail the issues encountered along the way, so we could improve the documentation so a restore is successful at the end?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD

it seems I should try it myself to be prepared when disaster strikes

macom that reference is pointing a long thread (including RAID stuff that is likely not applicable for many users)

Did you have perhaps a specific post in mind?

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Offizieller Beitrag

that reference is pointing a long thread (including RAID stuff that is likely not applicable for many users)

Did you have perhaps a specific post in mind?

It is just the first post.

The user stored the backup on a raid, if you have your backup somewhere else just adjust accordingly.

Here the ultra short version:

RE: How to restore from an omv-backup?

• thanks, will added these instructions to documentation

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!