Plex database

• Hello. Is in not possible to use the boot drive as the location for the PLex database? The boot drive is hidden from file systems etc so I am assuming its all taken by OMV, but this has caused a problem in that I have a drive down which was part of the raid with the database on so now plex won't work.

• Not with the plugin. We have to make choices sometimes. If the drive is indeed dead you will have to rebuild the database, unless you have a backup. Hopefully your data (movies, tv, photos, etc..) were not on the dead disk too.

• Zitat von "garyi"

Hi tek, I have two sets of raid set up mirroring with one copying to the other, so all safe :)

Keep in mind that raid is not an backup solution only an solution for disk errors, an good backup setup uses the 321 setup.

At least three copies,
      In two different formats,
      with one of those copies off-site

• I am aware raid is not a back up hense why I have two raids one backing up to the other. Although I totally agree its possible I could be unfortunate to loose two raids at once, its less likely.

Also it just videos etc. Important stuff such as music files, work etc is backed up in all sorts of locales including the cloud in two places.

• Zitat von "garyi"

I am aware raid is not a back up hense why I have two raids one backing up to the other. Although I totally agree its possible I could be unfortunate to loose two raids at once, its less likely.

Also it just videos etc. Important stuff such as music files, work etc is backed up in all sorts of locales including the cloud in two places.

Both raid sets are in the same enclousure, when there's an for example PSU error wich blows up the complete server you have nothing. That's why it's imported to have data on multiple locations and media sets. I've got this setup local RAID 1, and rsync to another server offsite and montly an offsite backup on an usb disk, i've got this setup only with imported data not downloaded media.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!