Jellyfin - 100% CPU usage - I can't watch some movies

• Hello everyone,

Lately I haven't been able to watch some films on Jellyfin. It is interrupting and unresponsive.

Checking the system information, despite having an RPI 4 (8mb), I see that the processing is constantly at 100% with Jellyfin open. And when I try to see the film described in the attachment, I see that in the processes, FFMPEG is at 400% CPU usage.

Is it a problem?

Thank you for your help.

• This is a HEVC videos 1080p (x265) maybe the Raspi HW HEVC decoder is not working. The Pi4 has a hardware HEVC decoder and must be enabled. See the Jellyfin documentation Hardware Acceleration

Maybe this post is helpfull: Jellyfin Hardware Acceleration with docker

Hello and thanks for the help!!

In the "Hardware Accelearation" page, I read:

Configure VAAPI for your system by following the relevant documentation. Verify that a render device is now present in /dev/dri, and note the permissions and group available to write to it, in this case render:

Code
    $ ls -l /dev/dri
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root        100 Apr 13 16:37 by-path
    crw-rw---- 1 root video  226,   0 Apr 13 16:37 card0
    crw-rw---- 1 root video  226,   1 Apr 13 16:37 card1
    crw-rw---- 1 root render 226, 128 Apr 13 16:37 renderD128

And when I try the same I get (in Portainer):

root@OMV5:/# ls -l /dev/dri

total 0

crw-rw---- 1 root video 226, 0 Jan 4 13:12 card0

crw-rw---- 1 root 107 226, 128 Jan 4 13:12 renderD128

root@OMV5:/#

So, no "render" group. In the "relevant documentation" webpage I can not find the right way to configure it on RPI.

In Portainer I get:

root@OMV5:/# vainfo

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

error: can't connect to X server!

libva info: VA-API version 1.4.0

libva info: va_getDriverName() returns -1

libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva error,driver_name=(null)

vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

root@OMV5:/#

Am I in the right direction? I Think that if I can config that group I can do the rest of the steps below:

1. Add the Jellyfin service user to the above group to allow Jellyfin's FFMpeg process access to the device, and restart Jellyfin.
      Code
      sudo usermod -aG render jellyfin
      sudo systemctl restart jellyfin
    2. Configure VAAPI acceleration in the "Transcoding" page of the Admin Dashboard. Enter the /dev/dri/renderD128 device above as the VA API Device value.
    3. Watch a movie, and verify that transcoding is occurring by watching the ffmpeg-transcode-*.txt logs under /var/log/jellyfin and using radeontop or similar tools.

Thanks a lot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!