Search in forum doesn't find posts that match the search term

• I had already several occasions when forum search didn't find posts that I knew did exist

Example today:

when I tried "search" with 'security' or 'Security' it is not found (see below screenshot)

Does this happen to others too?

screenshot:

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like your time period is only one day and subject only. When I remove the time periods, I get 130 results back.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• time period is only one day and subject only

because the tread was in exactly this period. I wanted to confirm the issue and succeeded unfortunately.

Or does it just confirm a capacity issue of the server, that new posted are only indexed after over 24h or something like this duration?

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• The search feature is not really good in this forum software, but what shall i do. Google can be used instead.

could Wortlab forum be configured to use a better search engine (like for example DuckDuckGo)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sigh... I hate to say it, you're not using the search correctly (again.. we are all aware the search feature sucks)

The problem is, when you search just the 7th, it starts and stops at 0001 on the 7th (I have some jank software I have to use at work that does the exact same thing). It's stupid, I admit that, but it is what it is. If you want it to search all day for the 7th.. you need to set your search to end on the 8th... then make sure you check for it to search the forums.. Edit: I just found the search will also be successful if don't put in the 2nd date, and instead leave it blank.

• The problem is, when you search just the 7th, it starts and stops at 0001 on the 7th

the search will also be successful if don't put in the 2nd date, and instead leave it blank.

thanks you are perfectly right. I'll check wortlab's github for this issue

• Offizieller Beitrag

thanks you are perfectly right. I'll check wortlab's github for this issue

I'd be willing to bet they don't view it as an issue and consider it working as designed...Sometimes devs are pretty smart, but it seems their brains and their posterior gets reversed on simple things.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!