5.5.21-1 HDD serial number replaces by ID_SERIAL_SHORT (JMicron)

• Offizieller Beitrag

i decided to reinsert the relative path in the 61-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules (removed with the new version)

and now my serial number show correctly :) and no more error 'failed with exit code 1'.

I'm wondering because systemd developers told me that it is not necessary to use absolute paths. And it seems no a generic issue, otherwise the forum and bug tracker would be flooded with reports about that. So i assume something else must be causing the issue? Maybe a custom kernel, other udev/systemd packages from sources other than the Debian repositories, ...

• Hello, I havent visited the forum in recent months but I stumbled upon your solution & applied to my installation as well.

So in /etc/udev/rules.d/61-openmediavault-dev-disk-by-id.rules I've searched for the corresponding vendor_id & model_id & altered the code so it looks like this now:

Code
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="152d", \
    ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0567", \
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \
    ENV{ID_SERIAL}="$env{ID_VENDOR}_$env{ID_MODEL}_$env{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}-$env{ID_INSTANCE}", \
    SYMLINK="disk/by-path/$env{ID_PATH}", \
    SYMLINK+="disk/by-id/$env{ID_BUS}-$env{ID_SERIAL}"

Code
    IMPORT{program}="serial_id %N", \ 

became

Code
    IMPORT{program}="/usr/lib/udev/serial_id %N", \ 

Et voilà, S/N is showing up again :)

Thanks for your suggestion!

• Hello!

I faced to problem regarding recognizing SSD Crucial disks connected to Raspberry Pi4. I resolved some problem accordingly recommendation from here: " I am using JMicron drive enclosures and some of my drives are not appearing " but I also need to gets some permission to files to correct them "60-persistent-storage.rules" and "serial_id". When I applied all this changes disk appear in OMV but the Model and Serial Number and Vendor are not correct. So please help me to resolve problem see attached picture below.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!