Install fails on Armbian on Odroid HC2

• Hello,

I'm trying to install OMV on an Odroid-HC2. As OMV4 is not supported any more, I tried to install OMV5, following the instructions of that page : https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…lling_OMV5_on_Armbian.pdf

I managed to make Armbian (Armbian_20.11.6_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.83_minimal) run.

Afterwards, I tried to install OMV5 itself, running this command:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

During the first few minutes, everything is running all right but then I get several errors.

Here's the whole log:

OMV5-Armbian-OdroidHC2-1.txt

Then, I tried to repair the configuration of mentionned packages, running "dpkg --configure -a", but I still get some issues:

OMV5-Armbian-OdroidHC2-2.txt

Could you help me and tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Old SD card? Those are package errors that are not common and nothing the install script can fix.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The SD Card I use is a brand new one.

I must say that it's not the first time I try to install OMV5. I tried to do it a few weeks ago, with another SD card, that was also new. And I got the same issues.

I thought that I got those issues because the SD card wasn't A1 compliant.

I then bought an A1-compliant SD Card (Kingston Canvas Select Plus). But I still get those issues...

If I cannot use your script, is there any manual way to install OMV5?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I cannot use your script, is there any manual way to install OMV5?

The script isn't the problem. I have installed OMV 5.x on an HC2 at least 25 times in the last few months. Your errors point to corruption somewhere. Other manual ways just using apt like the script. I don't have any idea why this is happening

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I checked the hashsum of the compressed archive and it was OK.

Could you give me the hashsums of the .img file? To see if an error occurs when I try to extract it from the archive.

• I think you can close this topic.

I managed to find OMV4 on another page and I managed to install it.

Afterwards, while I was using it, I wanted to reboot it. Put as I didn't manage to have root access in SSH (I found later how to do on the website but it was too late...), I decided to unplug the adapter and to replug it after.

And now, the board doesn't work any more. With OMV 4, it also made me a bootloop...

It looks like a hardware failure. Maybe it can explain all the issues I have since the beginning...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!