Firefox Login Loop

• I've reviewed the information in GUI Login Loop already. The root filesystem is currently 18% full. I've tried clearing browser cache, reloading the GUI and private mode.

I'm kind of at a loss because Chrome allows login without issue.

The system is OMV on top of a Raspberry Pi 4. It was happening before and I've rebuilt the system from the ground. I was able to login without issue yesterday after initially building the system. Today - nothing.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

**Edited to add...** I have another OMV 5 server running. That one exhibits none of this behavior. I'm able to login properly 100% of the time from Firefox.

After further testing... I was accessing my other OMV server behind NginxProxyManager using it's domain. If I try to access that via IP - same behavior.

So two OMV servers I cannot login via Firefox.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jac2598 () aus folgendem Grund: Additional detail

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’m just repeating what I’ve read so many times: clear your browser cache and reload your page. This may not be your problem but it can’t hurt to try.

Is the other server an rpi4?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I’m just repeating what I’ve read so many times: clear your browser cache and reload your page. This may not be your problem but it can’t hurt to try.

Is the other server an rpi4?

Thanks for the reply. Yup, I've done that - a few times. Tried Firefox Safe Mode also. Currently playing with new Firefox profiles.

And no, the other OMV server is not a Pi. It's OMV on a baremetal Kodlix GK45.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well I’m sorry that didn’t help. I should’ve said right off that I don’t use Firefox anymore. I wasn’t real crazy with what they did to their CEO Brendan Ike, but that’s politics and has nothing to do with your issues so we shouldn’t even go there. I use his new browser brave, which is still maturing.

I remember seeing posts in the past referring to login loops on this forum. Have you found any of them? I can’t really remember how they were resolved. Sorry I can’t be more help.

• As stated in GH issue, please try with newest Firefox version and report back. Considering that other browsers work it seems not caused by OMV though. If newest version doesn't work its a Firefox bug to be reported in Firefox bug tracker.

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Thank you for the response.

I am running latest Firefox (84.0.2, 64-bit). I'll keep an eye on the GH and see if reinstalling Firefox clean makes any difference.

Chrome does work for accessing the system. And just to add - I just rebuilt from scratch a new OMV server on a Pi4 - the same issue occurs. I logged in fine yesterday post-install and now today I cannot login.

• A patch for OMV is work-in-progress

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• And now, to make matters worse, it appears as though I cannot login to the WebUI in *ANY* browser, on different devices (Windows/MacOS/iOS) to either of my OMV servers.

I've tried Firefox, Firefox Private, Chrome, Chrome incognito, Safari, mobile Safari, Edge & Brave. Nothing let's me login anymore.

I'm running OMV 5.5.20-1 on both servers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And now, to make matters worse, it appears as though I cannot login to the WebUI in *ANY* browser, on different devices (Windows/MacOS/iOS) to either of my OMV servers.

I've tried Firefox, Firefox Private, Chrome, Chrome incognito, Safari, mobile Safari, Edge & Brave. Nothing let's me login anymore.

I'm running OMV 5.5.20-1 on both servers.

I just updated to 5.5.22-1 about 30min ago and just logged in to the webUI (Chrome) no problem. If you have SSH or Console access

apt update && apt upgrade

And see if it reports any failed or pending upgrades.

• Great! Please flag as "resolved"

• jac2598

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • jac2598

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like it's all fixed since updating to 5.5.22-1!

ragazzojp have you updated to 5.5.22-1?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Not yet, because I can reproduce the bug and I don't want to change my setup, restart browser, server or anything. We're still tracking the bug down, see GitHub link above. To confirm a theory, I would like to know the exact URL used to access the server, e.g. http://blabla, https://blabla.local, http://blabla.hello.world.com, ...

Note also 5.5.22 doesn't contain any fix related to the problem compared to 5.5.21. The problem is very flacky, probability of encountering a false negative that makes you believe the problem is fixed is high.

• The exact protocol? I tried to access my OMV server via IP address in Firefox http://192.168.1.57:86/ or using my reverse proxy address, which I’m not going to post to a public forum.

Each time I tried to log in, I would enter my user name and password. The page would refresh and show the login screen. This occurred 100% of the time I tried Firefox on both of my OMV hosts.

Chrome never exhibited this behavior. I reviewed my auth log and it showed success for login in Firefox.

When I upgraded to 5.5.22-1 I was then able to login to my servers via Firefox.

I’m not sure of the inner workings of OMV, I’m just a user. So I couldn’t pull apart the package to determine if there was or was not a fix included. I was asked to upgrade, I did and my problem went away.

• Thanks, so you confirm it happens also when the address is an IP(+port). The explanation found so far is that "sometimes" FF doesn't realize that the connection is for the "same site" (it's a cookie setting) and it doesn't send cookies it is instead supposed to send when connecting to the "same site".

• It looks like it's not a problem of OMV. For who hasn't followed the GitHub technical discussion, it may happen on Firefox if you land on the OMV login page from another link. In that case, simply type the address of OMV (either IP or hostname) manually in the browser address bar and press enter, or click on the address bar with the address already there and press enter. This loads the page as not coming from another website and the login should work. Pressing F5 or refresh doesn't "unlock" it. You have to start a new navigation flow.

• It looks like it's not a problem of OMV. For who hasn't followed the GitHub technical discussion, it may happen on Firefox if you land on the OMV login page from another link. In that case, simply type the address of OMV (either IP or hostname) manually in the browser address bar and press enter, or click on the address bar with the address already there and press enter. This loads the page as not coming from another website and the login should work. Pressing F5 or refresh doesn't "unlock" it. You have to start a new navigation flow.

This is precisely what is happening with me. I have been accessing my installation of OMV5 from a Homer Dashboard which now fails. When I press enter after the ip address in Firefox lo and behold it works. My OMV5 is at Version 5.6.23-1 (Usul). However, I have two OMV5 installations, one on a Raspberry Pi, the other on a surplus desktop with Intel Pentium. This problem only occurs from Firefox on the Intel machine. It does not occur on the Raspberry Pi installation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!