Notification for "Software updates" - email

• Hello User,

i have create as "Sheduled Job" for

Code
    apt-get update

How can i get a Notification, if we have new updates?

I have enable Notification for "Software updates" , but i don't get "Software updates"-Notification emails.

I get other Notifications Emails without problems.

My system: OMV Version 5.5.22-1

Thank you.

openmedianer

• omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before blaming OMV everyone should take this as an challange to find out what's going wrong. For me it always worked, so without being able to reproduce it i can't debug it. So it's to the community to fix that or provide information to fix it. I do not have to do all the job, an OSS project lives from contributions from the community.

As a good starting point can be adding DEBUG="verbose" to /etc/cron-apt/config and check the syslog for log messages related to cron-apt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just received 2 emails;

nginx -> connection failed

immediately followed by

nginx -> connection succeeded

When I first set up V5 these would come through constantly so initially I disabled anything under system as my inbox was getting flooded.

• I've got an update message in my mailbox this morning (got this every time an update is available)

[HPt630.local] CRON-APT completed on HPt630.local [/etc/cron-apt/config]

CRON-APT RUN [/etc/cron-apt/config]: Thu Jan 14 04:00:01 CET 2021

CRON-APT SLEEP: 2947, Thu Jan 14 04:49:08 CET 2021

CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download

CRON-APT LINE: /usr/bin/apt-get dist-upgrade -d -y -o APT::Get::Show-Upgraded=true

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

Calculating upgrade...

The following NEW packages will be installed:

linux-image-5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64

The following packages will be upgraded:

linux-image-amd64

1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 50.7 MB of archives.

After this operation, 284 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Get:1 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main amd64 linux-image-5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 amd64 5.9.15-1~bpo10+1 [50.7 MB]

Get:2 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports/main amd64 linux-image-amd64 amd64 5.9.15-1~bpo10+1 [1500 B]

Fetched 50.7 MB in 1s (35.5 MB/s)

Download complete and in download only mode

So it works for me :)

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

So it works for me

Can we compare /etc/cron-apt/config;

• Can we compare /etc/cron-apt/config;

Sure

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well they look the same, except I set the debug to verbose, but there's nothing that stands out in the sys log nor the mail log, in fact the mail log shows no reference to the two updates but it does show reference to the test email

• Well they look the same, except I set the debug to verbose, but there's nothing that stands out in the sys log nor the mail log, in fact the mail log shows no reference to the two updates but it does show reference to the test email

Yes, but the "DEBUG" line starts with an # so I don't think this setting is active.

• Thankfully we have intelligent people on here :) who can help the old boys :P

Hmmm, I'm old ;(

But with this information, the config looks the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmmm, I'm old

:D well I've removed the # so we'll see how it goes, TBH I've never had this work even on V4, I don't get any SMART notifications but I can see them in the sys log. I get notifications from scheduled jobs, but I turned off all the system stuff in notifications as I got flooded with Resource limit matched and Resource limited succeeded

• Hello, in the GUI i have this update:

Zitat

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

14 Jan 2021

openmediavault-plugin-developers

My /etc/cron-apt/config

But i don't get a notification.

"Send a test email" works.

Where i my mistake?

Greets

openmedianer

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!