Notification for "Software updates" - email

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is to increase verbosity of logging.

Now, when the next update is available (after the cron job ran, not after you searched manually for an update), look for entries in /var/log/syslog related to cron-apt

as mentioned here

RE: Notification for "Software updates" - email

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, this morning 18th Jan update for openmediavault 5.5.23-1 no email received, have downloaded the syslog what specific output are we looking for, I can locate the following;

• geaves for Volker to notice, could you please add this info & log to https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/905 ?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Ok, this morning 18th Jan update for openmediavault 5.5.23-1 no email received, have downloaded the syslog what specific output are we looking for, I can locate the following;

I've got the mail

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.5 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

geaves for Volker to notice, could you please add this info & log to https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/905 ?

Have posted it there but TBH this is a PIA, the thread was started here not on GH, and Volker replied here. I don't want to get into the forum/github use again. Volker's replied to github and I see why, one receives email notifications from github.

• Well you would ^^ the Cron-Apt action is that when you select it to download and install.

Hmmm, strange.

I didn't know I was sleepwalking ^^, I received the mail before I was awake this morning.

• :D it seems the issue I'm facing is the CRON-APT ACTION: 3-download is not initiated on my setup, so I've tried something to see if it works.

Here is when the actual update happens

Update Management - History:

Code
    Start-Date: 2021-01-18  06:09:12
    Commandline: apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-broken --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::=--force-confold install openmediavault
    Upgrade: openmediavault:amd64 (5.5.22-1, 5.5.23-1)
    End-Date: 2021-01-18  06:09:46

• My output is different as I installed the kernel update which I shouldn't have as I use the proxmox kernel, but I've now resolved that.

I use the proxmox kernel also.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Frepke ()

• Hello i get this notification:

But i don't get a notification for new updates "openmediavault-omvextraorg. 5.4.5"?

How can i solved the problem?

• Works like a charme here:

HTH

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!