New Emby installation on OMV 3.0.100

• Hi guys,

I´m currently using a quite old OMV version 3.0.100, the last one of OMV3. Everything is running quite smoothly and I can do (almost) everything I need with it. I've already thought about reinstalling with omv5 several times, but for now other things are higher in priority. So I ask your indulgence for this question.

Now I would also need Emby on the server. Is there still a real chance of installing Emby on the Debian 8 system? I found this posting in the forum: Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

ryecoaaron: Is there a chance that this approach will still work?

I realize that it would be better to switch to OMV5, which I will definitely do one day.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Is there a chance that this approach will still work?

I doubt it. The mono libraries the Emby uses are so old on Debian 8 that it probably doesn't work anymore. And you can't install docker on Debian 8. You could upgrade instead of doing a fresh install (I still prefer the fresh install) Upgrade Scripts for non-interactive major release upgrades (2->3, 3->4, 4->5)

omv 5.6.4 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I doubt it. The mono libraries the Emby uses are so old on Debian 8 that it probably doesn't work anymore.

I feared that. Thanks for your response.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!