recover snapraid disc after fresh ink all

• my backup disk got corrupted, with a lot of shares(i have a backup). now my system won't start, because its missing the disk and shared folders.

i decided to start from scratch with the latest omv.
    I also had a snapraid, with 1 parity and 2 datadisks. Can i recover that snapraid from web interface, by selecting the same disks again in the web interface?

as FS i had mergerfs on both data disks. Is it possible to restore that with a fresh install?

• There are people here much wiser than me, but I see that no one responds. I am also interested to know if what you say can be done.

As a workaround if no one gives you a better solution you could mount the parity drive and copy the data files1 to that drive. Then mount data1 and copy the data back to disk. Repeat the process with the data disk2. And configure snapraid again.

It is a solution a bit of walking around the house ... in case it helps ... luck.

Pentium Gold G6400, RAM 8GB, SnapRaid and UnionFS, 1 parity disk (5TB), 4 data disks (5TB+5TB+4TB+4TB), 1 x 32GB USB disk for startup, 1 x 120GB SSD disk for docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes I am not well understood :)

• I had to reinstall the system for another problem. I can tell you that the disks with data can be reassembled without problems in the OMV GUI. You will not lose the data.

When you have mounted them you have to create the same shared folders that you had before and you will be able to access your data. As for the snapraid I don't know if it is possible to take advantage of the parity disk. But it is a lesser evil. You can reconfigure snapraid and resynchronize the parity disk.

Luck.

Pentium Gold G6400, RAM 8GB, SnapRaid and UnionFS, 1 parity disk (5TB), 4 data disks (5TB+5TB+4TB+4TB), 1 x 32GB USB disk for startup, 1 x 120GB SSD disk for docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes I am not well understood :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!