Stack Deployment error 'yaml: unmarshal errors:

• Hello,

I was thinking of giving a 2nd life for my old Dell desktop (x86, 8Gb RAM, 32Gb USB flash drive, HDD 2 x 1TB) and exploring OMV. I installed w/o any problems the latest OMV 5.5.11. -OMV Extras, Docker, and portainer.

After browsing TechoDadLife's youtube channel, I thought to install "Easy Automated Home Media Server: VPN, Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, Librarian in 10 Minutes"

attempting to create a stack through docker using Portainer, I ran into the following error message

'yaml: unmarshal errors: line 74: cannot unmarshal !!str '-/srv/d...' into map [string] interface {}"

Any thoughts on what causes it? how to fix it? All help would be much appreciated, thanks. (shared folder permissions reset - no difference)

• Offizieller Beitrag

-/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-label/AppData/radarr:/config
    -/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-label//media:/movies
    -/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-label/Downloads:/downloads

Instead of uuid-label you need the actual uuid - a string of numbers and dashes.

The next line has a double dash between label and media.

Go into Shared Folders tab and find your absolute path.

Check this post on how to find your absolute path.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Agricola ()

• Many thanks Agricola,
    I changed it

-/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-157620a0-cda9-409d-842c-30de2a3ba434/AppData/radarr:/config

-/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-157620a0-cda9-409d-842c-30de2a3ba434/media:/movies

-/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-157620a0-cda9-409d-842c-30de2a3ba434/Downloads:/downloads

still the same error. Any thoughts?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You still have a double slash before appdata there should be only one.

I’m also curious about PUID=998. Isn’t that the root user? You need a regular user. Give him your name to make it personal. If it’s your first user created from the GUI it will be PUID=1000. If it’s not the first type this command in a terminal to find out what your PUID is for that user:

id wayne or whatever the user name is.

It’s hard to tell from the screen shots but some of your indentions may be off. I think it matters.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It’s hard to tell from the screen shots but some of your indentions may be off. I think it matters.

Something I also noticed. Usually Portainer is giving a warning already in the editor, but juppe I would also suggest to review the formatting / indentions of the code.

I would take jackett as the blueprint and format the others in the same way.

• Many thanks, Agricola and macom, I went back to the drawing board, I reviewed formatting n indentions. I manage to deploy the stack and everything looked very promising..until I got an error message. see the picture below "Error response from daemon..."

However, containers were created but not running, trying to restart any of 5 containers, I get this error message "cannot restart container 68fa0cdc71135bee800e7d5c1660190adcbd69a256da16cae72cbc876db99b33: Container 3dceee54763989d680b323202ccda7fd0b00652c395f4d0224b52ababd644bcc is restarting, wait until the container is running"

Under Log viewer settings no logs available
    Any thoughts on what I've managed to do this time. Your guidance is much appreciated as always. Thank you.

Container inspect

Containers:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just guessing but try stopping and restarting one at a time those containers that are not running.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might be helpful to look at the example docker-compose.yml files you drew from. Pay particular close attention to spaces and trailing "/" in your yml. Looking back over your yml a few posts back I noticed several things that might be a problem if yo haven't corrected them already. There could be more. I didn't look at everything:

1. Two slashes. There should only be one.
    2. The trailing slash after "media" should not be there, like in the line above with /appdata/sonarr:/config
    3. Again, the indentions matter.

Dont' give up!! You'll get it.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Many thanks, Agricola, unfortunately, I haven't had too much time to correct my typos, too much of everything else.

Last night I noticed one of the hard drives making a funny noise and the flash drive wasn't booting properly. I guess it's time to replace my old hard drives and start from a clean slate.

Thanks again for all the encouraging comments.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!