Snapraid Plugin Configuration Question

• I've tried searching for the answer to this but still unsure.

I've finished setting up my drives, parity, etc. I've completed my first sync with all my existing data. Now, I'm trying to understand the first page of options (Settings tab).

After hitting the "Scheduled Diff" it creates a "Daily" cronjob which I assume runs a bash script and uses the settings I've set below under "Diff script settings".

From my understand after reading the Snapraid Manual, diff, scrub, and sync are all different commands. What I'm wondering is if, the default script built-in to the plugin is doing all three of these. If I'm reading all the hottips correctly, it makes me believe that it does the following:

1. Run diff command;
    2. If deleted and updated files do not meet threshold run sync;
    3. If sync is successful run scrub;
    4. Scrub only as much percentage as prescribed in settings;

Tell me if I have it right or it doesn't do this at all. What I'd like to have is automated scrubs which I'd like to set to something like 3-5 percent daily. What seems to be missing in settings is the -o setting for don't scrub data that's been scrubbed before in the last x days (unless that's the frequency setting).

If the right answer is, do it all manually, that's okay too.

• The built in scripts does what you have listed in 1-4.

But it does not do -o. If you want that use another script that does that. There are several out there, just google search for "snapraid helper" and see what each is capable of.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The built in scripts does what you have listed in 1-4.

But it does not do -o. If you want that use another script that does that. There are several out there, just google search for "snapraid helper" and see what each is capable of.

Thanks. Does that mean "Scrub Frequency" literally means, only do scrub x number of days? I'm guessing if it does it records when was last scrub date?

• Scrub frequency is what it says it is below the input box. I don't know how it keeps track of things. Read the code and see for yourself.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• So turns out the -o option is in the script. But, it isn't available to change on the GUI. I've added it myself and it seems to work.

Need to add SCRUB_OLDER_THAN_DAYS='numberOfDays' to /etc/snapraid-diff.conf

Just can't hit the "save" button in the future otherwise it'll wipe it out.

• As I said, find and use another script. I did.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!