apt update - W: Failed to fetch http:/..........................

• My network is DHCP this the yaml file related to my nic;

Do you have network-manager installed?

• My new

/etc/network/interfaces

I told you that this isn't working! It is really not helping that you do trial-and-error with configuration files without any clue what you are doing. Honestly. It makes it a lot harder to help you. Try to understand what you are told or at least try to provide the information requested.

Your networking device gets its settings via DHCP. Your nameserver and search entries don't work where you put them because you are using DHCP and not a static configuration! And they must be prefixed by dns- when put into the right place. man 5 interfaces

• No, OMV doesn't need nor use network manager, in fact it causes issues

I tested it in a VM and it doesn't pick up the extra DNS server:

• I don't see how the docker container can be relevant here. Please post the following contents:

cat /etc/network/interfaces

cat /etc/resolv.conf

ls -lA /etc/network/interfaces.d/ and for each file listed here the output of cat ...file...

ls -lA /etc/netplan/ and for each file listed here the output of cat ...file...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tested it in a VM and it doesn't pick up the extra DNS server:

It does on mine, the .43 is Pi-Hole which is the DNS setting in router for DHCP, did you add 8.8.8.8 to the DNS in OMV's System -> Network -> Interfaces for the NIC on your server

• dleidert

-

-

Code
    ls -lA /etc/network/interfaces.d/
    total 0

-

Code
    ls -lA /etc/netplan/
    total 0

I'm using the SWAG linuxserver.io docker container.

• #29 dleidert

Code
    ls -lA /etc/netplan/
    total 0

My new

It doesen't solved my fetch problem.

W: Failed to fetch http:/

• It does on mine, the .43 is Pi-Hole which is the DNS setting in router for DHCP, did you add 8.8.8.8 to the DNS in OMV's System -> Network -> Interfaces for the NIC on your server

Yes. That's one of my VMs to test the upgrade scripts. So I assume that there is a difference between an upgraded system and a vanilla OMV5 machine.

• Ok. Fine. Now let's go step by step and narrow this down: Go to your OMV5 GUI. Go to System > Network and choose the Interfaces tab. Double click on the enp0s3 device (if it is not there, tell us which device are listed there). For IPv4 choose Method: DHCP, for IPv6 choose Disabled. Save and apply the changes. Now simply check the contents of /etc/resolv.conf and if ping google.com is able to resolve the domain name. Post the results. Depending on the results we'll try to go from there. Note that DHCP might change the IP address of the system if you haven't configured the DHCP server to always assign the same IP. You can get the IP using the sudo ip addr command.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I assume that there is a difference between an upgraded system and a vanilla OMV5 machine.

Could be, I upgraded from 3 to 4, but for 5 I decided on a clean install and having tested the ISO and the Debian net install + script in a VM, I finally decided to go with the ISO.

• I'm using the SWAG linuxserver.io docker container.

How is this docker container related to your networking/DNS issues? Are you telling me you have an OMV5 installation inside this container? Are you telling me that your have networking issues inside the container? Because everything you told so far sounds like: you have an OMV5 installation in a plain VM (possibly upgraded from OMV4). You have created a docker container from this OMV5 installation. But your OMV5 system has DNS issues. But then this docker image should be in no way relevant to your networking issues. So please explain why this docker image is relevant to your networking issues and why you repeatedly bring it up. Because I don't get it and I'm actually starting to get frustrated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!