MotionEye - Outside access with SSL

• Morlan also so forgot to mention, Macom advised to use the subfolder as that what was used for the Nextcloud not sure if that will help?

Just looking through Macom instructions for setting up nextcloud and he has this section in there

Could this be what im missing?

Normally if its in red it's bad!!!

Machine 1 - Dell OptiPlex 790 - Core i5-2400 3.10GHz - 16GB RAM - OMV5

Machine 2 - Raspberry PI4 - ARMv7 - 2GB - OMV5

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von STUKguy ()

• Morlan Ive got to work kind of....for somereason my browser says its dangerous????? but i go to the webpage on my mobile phone using mobile data it says its secure, tried it on another mobile phone and it also came up as secure.

• Morlan and macom Thank you both, So i attempted what i wanted with Qbittorrent instead

Moved to nextcloud network

Edited "docker-compose.yml" subdomain to include qbitorrent

changed qbittorrent.subfolder.conf.sample to qbittorrent.subfolder.conf

Restarted Swag container

Then went to *******.duckdns.org/qbittorrent

Everything worked i could access it

Which got me thinking if the following would work

Edit qbittorrent.subfolder.conf.sample changed every mention of qbitorrent to motioneye and changed all 8080 port referances to 8765

Saved the file as motioneye.subfolder.conf

restarted Swag

went to *******.duckdns.org/motioneye

and haza!! everything worked, probaly should have wrote a guide on this im sure someone else will want the same thing everntually.

But thank you so much!!!

• STUKguy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hey. Hoping you both can help.

Ever since i recelently updated swag i keep "502 Bad Gateway"and when i check the logs i get this

• Offizieller Beitrag

Regarding update of the linuxserver/nextloud container there is a note on https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud

Zitat

If you are not customizing our default nginx configuration you will need to remove the file:

Code
    /config/nginx/site-confs/default

Then restart the container to replace it with the latest one.

Maybe it applies to your case as well.

• Thank you macom, just read through the post this might work, do you how I remove /config/nginx/site-confs/default? The post doesn't say where it is.

• macom Thank you again soo much,

I installed the plug in "locate" on omv-extra, then searched for "site-confs" which gave me 4 results. 2 in the SWAG folder and 2 in the nextcloud folder.

Used SSH to get to the location showen in the search result for SWAG typed in "rm -rf defaults" which deleted the folder then typed in "docker restart swag" went to my motion outside page and haza everything worked.

Even though everything is working again i get this error

**** The following nginx confs have different version dates than the defaults that are shipped. ****,

**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the defaults. ****,

**** To update them to the latest defaults shipped within the image, delete these files and restart the container. ****,

**** If they are user customized, check the date version at the top and compare to the upstream changelog via the link. ****,

/config/nginx/nginx.conf,

Should i remove this too?

• Hi macom , So this happend

is there away for me to reinstall nextcloud & swag with out having to delete it all and start again?

• macom other then the steps previously taken nope, i didnt even know the Ngix folders location till the ther day

• macom everything seems to be working again ??? i just restarted the whole machine and seems to have sorted the issue

• DISCLAIMER: This works if you already have other apps running on subdomain (nextcloud,plex,etc). and you have "SUBDOMAIN=wildcard" or "SUBDOMAIN=motioneye" added on you duckdns auth. (Maybe with other providers works also, I use duckdns)

If you have your setting working with subfolders, this is not the right file.

Thank you all for this. I have motioneye running since ever as a single stack but now is time to move it to SWAG, :D

After reading through, I've done a small "motioneye.subdomain.conf.sample" to add to SWAG "nginx/proxy-confs"

BIG Thank you to Morlan and macom for their tips:

And the docker-compose.yml for motioneye that I previously had (just added it to the one with SWAG):

NOTE: This is for Raspberry Pi running arm32 OS

Hope this helps anyone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!