Do not go to shared from windows 2003 to omv5

• Windows2003 uses SMB protocol version 1 (which is insecure and therefore no longer recommended) and OMV 5 uses by default only SMB protocol version 3.

You can enable SMB protocol version 1 on OMV5, there are Howto instructions in the forum

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can enable SMB protocol version 1 on OMV5, there are Howto instructions in the forum

Here's the link to the documentation: Instructional for configuring SMB1 But there is also this: "Does OMV still support SMB v1 for CIF/SMB Shares? ... Yes, but it is disabled now for security reasons." Way to go mi-hol . Again!

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Agricola its the difference between "spoon feeding" and "giving a "hint to learn, find your way yourself"

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Agricola  geaves maybe you didn't notice the user's deleted reply, right after I explained the root cause?

This thread was answered 6 days ago, apparently in a way that was good enough for the OP.

Or in other words: what is the value of the perfect answer a week after the questioncame up?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Agricola its the difference between "spoon feeding" and "giving a "hint to learn, find your way yourself"

One of the major drawbacks of searching for something on Google is when you do not know how to ask the question the way that Google “understands” you. For most of us - yourself included - there are areas we know nothing about and don’t even know how to ask the proper question. Many new users come to this forum that are in that situation, and I am willing to “spoon feed” them, as you call it. Many did that for me when I first came to the forum and I intend to return the favors in like manner. Any time I try to help someone I try to meet them where THEY are, not where I am. If you are not willing to stoop a bit, like I said earlier, don’t respond to the post. Wait for some other egg head to stumble by that you can commiserate with.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or in other words: what is the value of the perfect answer a week after the questioncame up?

Heavens, we wouldn’t want to leave anything valuable for other users to find. Have mercy! Don’t you ever stop?

• Don’t you ever stop?

Only if we can finally agree on below principles

• diversity
      • people are different
      • different approaches are required to address the needs of different people

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enough.
    This forum is about helping users, not regulating them.

Cheroot

If you need more help, please start a PM.

In the menu bar above, click on

Then click on +

Put my username crashtest in participants.

If the information provided doesn't work, I'll be glad to assist you with this issue, in your language, if that will help.

• crashtest

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!