Convert NTFS to ext4

• Hello. I'm converting my NTFS drive to ext4. I've moved data off and recreated the drive/partition as ext4.

I believe I've forgotten to remove references to the NTFS drive from NFS and SMB. Also, I wanted to make the label "C2-3TB" and the OMV interface would not allow this.

In any case, I created the partition through the command line and now when I try to mount the partition in OMV I get:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/C2-3TB' 2>&1' with exit code '12': NTFS signature is missing. Failed to mount '/dev/sdj1': Invalid argument The device '/dev/sdj1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS. Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of a partition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

When I try to remove the references in NTFS and SMB and save the changes I keep getting the error. Is there anything that can be done without changing it back to NTFS?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the NTFS filesystem marked as referenced in the filesystem view of the GUI of OMV?

If so you need to remove any shared folder that is pointing to that filesystem.

And to be able to do that you need to remove those shared folders from each service where they are used (smb etc)

After that you should be able to remove the filesystem from the GUI of OMV.

Please note that filesystems are not mounted by label any more (except of BTRFS). They are mounted by UUID now (since version 5.5.20)

EDIT: just saw that you put the OMV4 label. In that case the last sentence does not apply to you. You should consider to upgrade though, as OMV4 and Debian 9 are end of life.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!