Shared folder name already exist

• Hello, I am trying to create a shared folder in a shared folder like this:

test/folder1

But what I get is this error. How can I fix this?

Code
    The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' with the filter '{"operator":"and","arg0":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"mntentref","arg1":"8a21da90-962d-4761-a895-b96b3d81e5cc"},"arg1":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"reldirpath","arg1":"test\/"}}' is not unique.

Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(294): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUniqueByFilter(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), Array)
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • loscamos

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • You have posted the exact same question on reddit!! If you have a solution from there it would be most helpful to other users on the forum if the solution was posted here and the thread marked as resolved.

I wat trying to create a shared folder inside a shared folder. That was the reason of the error I guess. I can create shared folder "test" but I can not nest another shared folder inside "test"

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wat trying to create a shared folder inside a shared folder.

You should be able to do that,

the above image shows a shared folder created on device (drive) docker, I've entered the name I want to give it, in this case test, I think click on the folder icon which lists the directory tree on that drive. I select the folder in this case /AppData then add /test to the path is created as /AppData/test on the drive labelled docker.

• Ok, so the answer I got on reddid was wrong. The reason of the error was the fact that I was trying to create a folder inside a folder without adding /example. I tought that by selecting the folder I dind't have to specify the subfolder name.

Now, I have another question. The reason I wanted to create a nested shared folder was for plex installation on docker. So, instead of having a config, media, movies, music, folder I could create a plex folder and then the nested shared folder (plex/config,music...). What I did instead was creating a plex shared folder and then via smb created the other folders (not shared). What's the difference between the two choices?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!