Slow write speed or PI 4b 4GB with SMB

• Hey,
    im getting slow write speeds on my SMB share (15-20MB/s), the download is fine with >100 MB/s.
    Im connected wired via windows 10 and im using a SMB share.

My setup:

- Raspberry Pi 4b 4GB
    - OMV 5 running on raspios-buster-armhf-lite
    - 2TB USB 3.0 HDD (SATA) connected on the 3.0 port with external power supply for the HDD
    - Connected to gigabit router, everything wired with cat 6 cables (router shows Gigabit connection aswell)

I checked the speed of the HDD with

Code
    sudo hdparm -tT --direct /dev/sda

Result is:

Code
    Timing O_DIRECT cached reads:   334 MB in  2.00 seconds = 166.62 MB/sec Timing O_DIRECT disk reads: 412 MB in  3.01 seconds = 136.91 MB/sec

I also tryed a Samsung T5 SSD, with it i get about 70-80 MB/s write.

I also checked my network speeds with iperf3 which results in the following:

• Hope you found the pinned thread on this topic in the meantime :)

In case not the link is in the signature below

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hope you found the pinned thread on this topic in the meantime :)

In case not the link is in the signature below

Sorry i dont get what you want to tell me with this, i read through the entire post

Do you mean about 20 MB/s is the normal speed for my setup?

I also tryed using different settings for SMB Extra Options but nothing helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!