Have the problems with Hauppauge tuners been solved? Alternatively, which TV tuners work fine with OMV?

• I’m running Plex in a Portainer and I’d like to make use of its Live TV features. However, I am a complete Linux noob and currently know very little about fetching firmware and using the command line in general. Because of this, I’d like to know whether the issues people were experiencing with Hauppauge tuners have been since solved, as all the threads that talk about them seem to be two or more years old. I’m also open to suggestions on what tuners work fine.

• I never go outside of this forum if I can help it! Don’t be sidelined by users who don’t want you to get help on this forum.

SiliconDust is the brand I use but it’s no longer available on Amazon. You can buy a refurbished model here. There is probably a newer model that supersedes it but I don’t know what it is. Mine has worked flawlessly for two years.

Here is the SiliconDust website. There is a comparison chart there so you can study your options depending on what kind of setup you have.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!