Have the problems with Hauppauge tuners been solved? Alternatively, which TV tuners work fine with OMV?

• I’m running Plex in a Portainer and I’d like to make use of its Live TV features. However, I am a complete Linux noob and currently know very little about fetching firmware and using the command line in general. Because of this, I’d like to know whether the issues people were experiencing with Hauppauge tuners have been since solved, as all the threads that talk about them seem to be two or more years old. I’m also open to suggestions on what tuners work fine.

• I'd search for an answer in a specialized forum like https://forums.plex.tv

Just my 2 cents

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

I never go outside of this forum if I can help it! Don’t be sidelined by users who don’t want you to get help on this forum.

SiliconDust is the brand I use but it’s no longer available on Amazon. You can buy a refurbished model here. There is probably a newer model that supersedes it but I don’t know what it is. Mine has worked flawlessly for two years.

Here is the SiliconDust website. There is a comparison chart there so you can study your options depending on what kind of setup you have.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Hi Agricola and thanks for your great support in this forum.

I'm also running Plex in a Portainer and would like to use its live TV features.
    I would like to buy a Silicondust HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO (in Amazon 99.99 €).

What I would like to ask you is this:

is there a need to install some particular application in Openmediavault or is it sufficient to connect the HDHomeRun to the router and the antenna cable and then perform the Plex DVR setup?

Thanks for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm also running Plex in a Portainer and would like to use its live TV features.
    I would like to buy a Silicondust HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO (in Amazon 99.99 €).

It's all done through Plex. Just connect to your antenna and the network and configure it in Plex. Only thing you need to be careful about is that there are several models of the HDHomeRun that are intended for different scenarios. I have a HDHomeRun EXTEND, which is a dual tuner model, that makes it possible to record to disk two programs simultaneously. I don't think they even make my model any more. Here is a link comparing the various models. Not all models are available in all parts of the world. Make sure you know what you need and you get what you want.

• My goal is to be able to record one or two TV programs while I'm watching others and then be able to play them on other devices (mobile phone, tablet or PC).
    I don't have cable TV subscription, but only free national and local digital TV via antenna (I'm italian).

The model I would like to buy is this:
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07D4…F49D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

What do you think about it?

Thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will need a Plex Pass to be able to use Live TV and DVR. With the Duo you can record two events simultaneously or watch live tv and record a second event at the same time. If a third event overlaps even by one minute of two other events recording, the third event will not record. The Duo looks good. You might look around the Plex forum just to make sure.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well then you are all set.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!