I am scratching my head not sure what is going on.
Since about 10 days I cannot access via the web (gui) any of my docker containers that are on the external network of Traefik v2 docker which itself is linked to a Docker Socket Proxy. The lack of access came around the same time I lost the Container Management Gui in the Cockpit provided as part of the OMV Extras Plugin. The containers not accessible are Linuxserver Nextcloud and a Duplicacy Container. I get timeout errors on all web guis of the containers. Command line access is fine.
Details of my configuration:
OMV 5 latest version. Docker latest version (resinstalled via OMV Extras tab on OMV gui)
Running latest kernel
Docker networks setup with IPV4 but not IPV6 support (has never been an issue)
Internet is IPV6 enabled
DNS/certificates is on the docker containers managed via Traefik v2 with Cloudflare DNS
A couple of things I checked/tried:
1) Tried to access through multiple different machines on local network including Windows, Android and Linux - no success
2) checked ping and nslookup and host machine, clients and also in the Nextcloud container itself. All provide responses with both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses reported back.
3) Checked ALL logs of all containers. No strange errors. All are running, all have the right networks etc (and all containers on traefik which are exposed to the web are on the same network).
4) Checked ifconfig on host machine and docker0 appears normal.
5) Adjusted docker-compose file to use API Token instead of API Key for Cloudflare DNS/Traefik setup (as more recently recommended) even though previous configuration works.
6) Added privileged: true to docker socket proxy container (based on https://github.com/Tecnativa/docker-socket-proxy) just in case.
7) Tried the fix relating to libseccomp here https://docs.linuxserver.io/fa…ges-based-on-ubuntu-focal
Rebooted and restarted/recreated all containers and made sure latest versions used.
9) Tried using earlier kernel versions
10) Installed portainer via the web gui for OMV and everything is shown in green for containers. Can see the containers running, can access command line of containers but cannot access via web.....
11) Portainer itself, which is not accessed via Traefik is accessible via the web.
12) On Cloudflare I see no requests reaching my domain, no visits, nothing.
One thing I notice (although this might be normal) is that if I do "docker ps" no port is shown for docker socket proxy even though the correct port is exposed in the docker compose file. Also, if I check which ports the host is listening on, it has multiple entries for docker-pr with the container ports for traefik listening on the standard ports.
Ok, now I really have run out of ideas and it is so frustrating. The system was working perfectly for months.
Any help would be appreciated as I have reached the limits of my troubleshooting skills...