New Hardware

• My actual hardware has a problem with the motherboard. I like new hardware.

Can you say what you think about this?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (https://geizhals.de/gigabyte-b…vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e)

Processor: Ryzen 5 3400G (https://geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-…vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e)

Ram: 8 GB DDR4 (https://geizhals.de/g-skill-ae…vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e)

Chase: https://geizhals.de/bitfenix-n…vl=de&hloc=at&hloc=de&v=e

• Without knowing what you plan to do with the computer, I'd say the CPU is total overkill for a file sharing server

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• What CPU you think wear great?

I'd go for an ARM based single board computer (SBC), with 4 or 8 GB RAM for your use case. See for reasoning in summary of linked post below

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• My RPi4 with 4 GB RAM has not enough power.

I need the system for 3 TV (two TV in the House, one TV over VPN), two TV had 4K.

10 Persons use the system for pictures, videos and music from the Smartphone.

Some PC’s use the system for share folders.

This is the actually using and I have no idea was the further is bringing.

I have 300 € budget.

• ok, now its a different story, but the bottleneck seems more likely to be the network too.

In order words computer and network could require an investment to work as planned

Can you share more details about:

- the network?

- the storage (total capacity & number of HDDs)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• Network:

Upload 100 Mbits, Download 40 Mbits

Router has 4x1 GB LAN ports

2 routers per VPN to a big LAN-Network (8 persons use over this the System)

2 VPN run 24/7

8 other VPN's run sometimes

Storage:

In the moment

2 HDDs with 4 TB is in it as RAID 1.

We use 80% of the space.

In the further

Think I need more space, + 1 HDD with 4 TB as RAID 5? I Don't know it at the moment. Can I'm work with RAID 1 to RAID 5 without losing something, or I need are new installation of the RAID?

Another tile of my family like the system and I need power for him.

Can I install a Calendar without Nextcloud? When now then I install in the next time Nextcloud.

• It si possibile to expand the raid 1 to raid 5

Code
    mdadm /dev/md0 --grow --level=5 --raid-devices=3 --add /dev/newdisk

Do first a backup and and than change the raid level with mdam grow. Maybe it is faster to backup the data, to break up the RAID 1 array, to create a RAID 5 with the 3 disks and restore the data to the RAID 5 than to do the mdadm grow.

mdadm manpage

OMV don‘t have a calender function, Nextcloud can do this.

• from my view, what you are looking for is a quite complex requirement, there is a language barrier and still not all required details are on the table.

Therefore I'd recommend to hire a professional that can investigate the current setup on site and suggest a good solution

• Shienor

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Shienor

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!