path mapping in transmission docker

• Hello all,

I just upgraded from OMV4 to OMV5. Since there is no transmission extension in OMV5 anymore I used docker. Working ok so far. I have one problem though:

I am using remote GUI on all the various machines in the house to control transmission. One very handy feature is path mapping. That enables you to just click on a download in the GUI and it opens the folder it is in. It is necessary to translate the internal path that transmission sees to the equivalent path that the client sees, like so:

That does not work anymore if transmission is running inside docker. What can I do?

• I can answer my own question, and maybe that shows I am slowly getting a feel for how docker works:

the path mapping from omv5 (the /srv/dev-disk-by...) to the folder that transmission thinks it is operating in is done by docker. So you only need to put in the download folder as transmission sees it. You can find it here:

then put that in the path mapping tab and your done:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can answer my own question, and maybe that shows I am slowly getting a feel for how docker works:

:) the easiest way to remember how bind mounts work, is outside -> inside, outside = host, inside = container, but as far as you are concerned, the host, your share is where the information is.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Palladium

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Palladium

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!