Documentation or possible lack of

• Offizieller Beitrag

So my approach is instead of having basically the same conversation again and again, help to set realistic expectations and document guidance how everyone is able to achieve a certain level of performance by following the guidance.

I am going to say this once and once only STFU this forum functions with the help of users for users if you have a problem with that then don't post or better still find somewhere else to go.

"We the users" don't mind having the same conversation, that's because some of us have asked those same questions ourselves and "we" don't mind. If I see one more post from you pointing a user elsewhere to non relevant information, suggesting again and again about documentation, or telling a user his post is just "noise".

I shall delete it. "WE" don't care if you think it's the right approach this is "our" approach, two choices, like it or lump it, the choice is yours.

You've been warned publicly!!

• A forum lives from diversity and there is no single truth in this world.

OMV forum can't be 100% right

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Why then this dispute in public and the statement "pointing a user elsewhere to non relevant information"?

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why then this dispute in public

Because I'm making it public.

pointing a user elsewhere to non relevant information

It's non relevant if the information can be resolved in this forum with the expertise in the forum and it relates to OMV, this thread highlights that point. The documentation contains nothing as an answer, neither does the wiki so directing the OP to either serves no purpose.

As to your post that I used to start this, it is nothing short of condescending, we the users have no problem answering the same question that comes up time and again, if there's a solution we'll direct the user there.

As I've said to you before this a 'user' based forum based upon a single open source software, we have a guides section there is a new user guide, this format works, and it works well, and "we" like this way.

• Well in the quoted thread, I asked a question (that was not answered yet), the remaining post is just an arguing about basically an opinion summarized as "the current documentation is crap, but it can't be improved" and not accepting the fact that I have a different opinion.

This is back to the point "only the forum is 100% right".

My take on this topic is:

only time will tell who's opinion is right or wrong, most like "right" will be something in between the opposite views.

To get there I'm happy to invest my time.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mi-hol ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

not accepting the fact that I have a different opinion.

This is not about your opinion, this is about the way this forum 'works', it works by helping users with their problems, be it hardware, a config issue, docker, a general OMV problem. It is not about redirecting them to documentation, guides elsewhere on the net, unless it's relevant, anything else is simply misdirection.

only time will tell who's opinion is right or wrong

There is no right and wrong, this forum functions fine in it's current format, at present you have offered nothing in the way of change other than improved documentation and dealing with 'specific issues related to omv'.

Improved documentation is going to come from where? have you produced anything as an example as to how this might take place.

The more you persist with this the more I will continue to tell you "This is an end user help and support forum for the open source project of Openmediavault"

Your opinion does not matter to me as it offers nothing, zero, zilch, in the way of improvement, any improvement is in your own concept.

We can go on like this for as long as you want, but post one external link that is not relevant or simply misdirection I will delete it. Oh and I'm not somebody who's just got a prefect badge and sitting in his basement trying to p*ss you off, I'm trying to get you to understand the way this forum operates. You don't like it you're free to leave.

• geaves

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!