Steps to setup encrypted drives... Timing out at File System creation

• I am building a new instance of OMV5. (coming from FREENAS).

I have a HP Gen8 Microserver with 16GB RAM, 2x 4TB hard drives and a Xeon E3-1265L V2 2.4Ghz CPU.

My goal is an encrypted snapraid unionfs(or mergefs) system. - I realise i need to get a 3rd hard drive and I will this week.

I have wiped my two 4TB hard drives and it took a long time to realise i need to create my EXT4 file systems on both hard drives first (before setting up snapraid). I did this last night and had everything working but I have restarted the process because I want my drives encrypted.

So, i have started the process again which has been

1. Wipe the drives (quick).

2. Setup the encryption with LUKS encryption plugin.

3. Unlock the encrypted drives.

4. Create the ext4 file system.

However when creating the ext4 file system, the entire system seems to hang.

If i click on "File Systems" i get a loading screen and nothing happens.

If i click on "Encryption" i also see a loading screen.

I thought i would leave it for around the same time the file system creation process took last night when it worked without the encryption and the entire system needed a reboot. I couldn't get access via Gui or SSH.

• Omvben

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Omvben

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Encrypted File System Time out“ zu „Steps to setup encrypted drives... Timing out at File System creation“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!