Pi-hole installation

• When I install Pi-hole in docker, I can't add any adlist, everythime I get this error:

Code
    Error, something went wrong!
    While executing: attempt to write a readonly database
    Added 0 out of 1 adlists

I think that it should be related with file ownership and permissions. When I do following stat commands, I can see that some files are owned by openmediavault-webgui or openmediavault-config:

When I change user and group to root, I can add adlist and update gravity (but it looks like Pi-hole still doesn't filter my traffic). But after each container restart or recreation the user and group are changed back.

Any idea how to solve my problem? Is it possible change user and group during the installation? Or set the PUID and GUID in docker-compose file?

• I finally figured it out! If I'm using docker compose I first need to manually create the pihole and dnsmasq folders using the docker volume create pihole and docker volume create dnsmasq commands, otherwise Pi-hole has a problem with folder and file permissions and then fails to add adlists or update Gravity. Or I have to use the following docker-compose file:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!